JKLR (R) leaders condemn
Srinagar, Sep 8: The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (R) chairman, Farooq Ahmad Dar alias Bitta Karatey and senior vice-chairman, Javid Ahmad Mir, have strongly condemned the blasts in New Delhi and Quetta, Pakistan, terming these as acts of terrorism.
Expressing deep sorrow over the loss of life in these terror acts, the Front leaders expressed solidarity with the bereaved families and prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured.
Meanwhile, the Front leaders have strongly condemned the police action against peaceful government employees.
The Front leaders have also condoled the demise of Sheikh Abdul Hamid, father-in-law of director Kashmir Media Service Sheikh Tajamul Islam, prayed for the deceased and expressed solidarity with the bereaved family.
Meanwhile, a delegation of Front leaders led by Javid Ahmad Mir on Thursday visited Gongo, Pulwama, where a student Rafiq Hussain Negroo was recently killed allegedly by the armed forces.
Addressing the condolence meeting, Mir said, “On the one hand, government was talking of peace, on the other, its armed forces continued to kill the innocent youth.” He said peace and innocent killings could not go together. He demand judicial probe into the killing and punishment to the killers.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Sep 2011 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 9 Sep 2011 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Guv, CM for introducing courses with high employability potential
- CS chairs forest advisory committee meeting
- In 9 months, Crime Branch registers 900 complaints
- Delay in Gamoora-Gundbal bridge construction irks Bandipora residents
- Mirwaiz shocked at killings in Delhi, Quetta blasts
- JKLR (R) leaders condemn
- Govt to amend Land Acquisition, J&K Resident Certificate Acts
- Omar inaugurates SVO complex
- Seminar on Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) held at Kashmir University
- Altaf throws open Dachigam Park
- Attention Kupwara, Ganderbal Hajj pilgrims
- JCB driver killed, 4 hurt in road accidents
- Ajaz reviews Hajj arrangements
- Govt press employees denounce police action
- ‘Turmoil affected education sector in JK’
- Education imperative for State’s development: Peerzada
KU COUNCIL MEETS
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Sep 8: Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have stressed the need for critically examining the employability aspects while considering the upgradation of any existing course or More
- Srinagar City
SMC utilizes Rs 1 crore meant for City development on construction of canine pounds
Srinagar, Sep 8: Public money seems literally be going to the dogs. At a time when Srinagar is crying of underdevelopment, the government has started spending public money meant for City welfare on “rehabilitation More