B A Bashir becomes senior advocate
Srinagar, Apr 18: High Court has designated Bashir Ahmad Bashir as senior advocate.
According to notification no. 179 dated April 17, 2012 issued by the Registrar General, High Court, Bashir has been designated as senior advocate effect from March 28, 2012.
He had joined the Bar as a pleader in October 1972 and in terms of Pleaders Act became Advocate after five years.
After appearing in two cases before the then Chief Justice, Murtaza Fazili, the CJ appreciated Bashirís talent and condoned two and a half years period and enrolled him as advocate in 1975.
He was appointed as Chief Government Advocate in 1984. Bashir resigned from the post when Governorís rule was imposed in 1986.
He has been standing counsel to several state and central government departments.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Few high-end tourists visit Valley: Director Tourism
- Geelani to address people at TRC
- B A Bashir becomes senior advocate
- AFSPA bogey raised to divert attention: JKLF
- MMU to file RTI on foreigners, NGOs: Mirwaiz
- Fabiyan Gilkar rearrested
- KAS Officers Association elects adhoc body
- UGC team concludes MANUU visit
- NC committed to strengthen democratic institutions: Dr Beg
- OIC to launch TV channel
- KU team assesses demarcation of Kupwara campus
- S Hamidís 14th death anniversary observed
- Forest Deptt organizes awareness programme
- Kashmiris sacrificed their lives for a goal: Nayeem
WORLD HERITAGE DAY OBSERVED
Srinagar, Apr 18: Director Tourism Farooq Ahmad Shah on Wednesday said that Tourism Department was trying its best to woo the high-end tourists to visit the Valley but their number was very low.   More
- Srinagar City
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, Apr 18: Scared of the growing dog menace in the City, Kashmir University students on Wednesday staged protest demonstrations against the government, particularly the Srinagar Municipal Corporation More
Poonch, Apr 18: President of Peoples Democratic Party Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday said complete operationalization of cross LOC routes was must for improving relations between India and Pakistan More
- South Asia
Status-quo wonít be acceptable to people of Valley: Malik
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Apr 18: Former PaK premier, Barrister Sultan Mehmood Chudhary and the JKLF chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik have reiterated their call for a meaningful and result-oriented dialogue between key More
New York, Apr 18: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has been named among the 100 most influential people in the world by the prestigious Time magazine in its 2012 list which also includes US President More