DDC Srinagar chairs monitoring committee meet
ENFORCEMENT OF TOBACCO CONTROL ACT
Srinagar, Apr 20: To enforce Tobacco Control Act in letter and spirit in Srinagar district and rid the society of this menace, the District Development Commissioner, Srinagar, Baseer Ahmad Khan convened a district monitoring committee meeting here today.
The meeting discussed the implementation of various provisions of Tobacco Control Act-2003.
The DDC urged the officers to make extra efforts so that the district is made tobacco free in coming days. He directed the concerned to take legal action against violators of this act, who are spotted smoking in public places including offices, bus stops, court premises, educational and health institutions.
The experts urged all the concerned agencies to intensify campaign against tobacco use at public places.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 21 Apr 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- LC polls by May end: CEO
- Electoral revision for MC polls to begin
- JKSSIC issues notices to non-state subjects
- Police recover Brown Sugar worth Rs 1 crore
- Attendant assaults doctor at SMHS
- NC for early resolution to Siachen
- DDC Srinagar chairs monitoring committee meet
- Hurriyat (G) condemns Geelaniís house arrest
- Court convicts accused for carrying charas
- Anti-PDD protest in Ganderbal
- Eyebrows raised against shelving of Eng Course at KU north campus
- Protest rock Tangmarg
- ANC against holding municipal polls before Oct
- MSF winds up operations in Kupwara
- 'Body bears resemblance to my father'
- Resolution of K-issue imperative: JKLF
Srinagar, Apr 20: After much delay, the Election Commission of India (ECI) has set the ball rolling to conduct elections to the four vacant seats of Legislative Council, in which Sarpanchs and Panchs across More
- Srinagar City
Admin does a Jaspal Bhatti at Poloview
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, Apr 20: While locals could be used to such sardonic scenes in this City, visitors for now are equally shocked to see how government monitors developmental activities in this summer Capital, which More
Chairs Durbar Move Review Meeting
Jammu, Apr 20: Chief Secretary Madhav Lal on Saturday asked the Power Development Department (PDD) to ensure that there is no curtailment of electricity in the residential colonies of the move employees More
- South Asia
Okara, Apr 20: President Asif Ali Zardari has said Pakistan there is no possibility of unilateral withdrawal from Siachen. Addressing a gathering of Pakistan Peopleís Party (PPP) workers here, President More
Baghdad, Apr 20: A wave of apparently coordinated bombing and shooting attacks in seven different provinces across Iraq killed at least 38 people and wounded more than 170 today, security officials said More