Slapping PSA on Masrat sheer hooliganism: Asiya
Srinagar, Aug 9: Strongly condemning the slapping of fifth consecutive PSA on the incarcerated senior Muslim League leader Masrat Alam Bhat, the Dukhtaran-e-Milat chief, Asiya Andrabi, on Thursday termed it a sheer demonstration of “hooliganism” by the rulers.
“These rulers have imprisoned Masrat Alam for so many years without any crime. The court quashed his detention order under PSA four times but he was booked under PSA for fifth time and shifted outside the Valley. The continued detention has badly affected his health. He is not being provided any medical aid,” said Asiya.
She alleged that National Conference was “indulging in killings” to establish its political highhandedness.
Asiya alleged that NC Sarpanch and its other local office-bearers were directly involved in the killing of youth at Sindhbal, Ganderbal. “Prior to this incident, a civilian Hilal Ahmad Dar was killed in the holy month of Ramadan at Bandipora and dubbed as a militant,” she said.
Asiya has appealed to the people not to allow their daughters to participate in any un-Islamic and uncivilized function. She appealed to the Mutaqif Muslims to pray for the release of all detainees.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 9 Aug 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 9 Aug 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Protests in Sopore against PDD
- New Delhi’s rejection vindicated our stand: Separatists
- Where is money meant for windstorm victims?
- High Court dismisses bail application of 2 convicts
- Court hears partial arguments in Dr Qasim Faktoo case
- NC condemns Ganderbal killing
- Observe Aug 10 as Youm-i-Shuhda-i-Kashmir: Geelani to people
- JK in neck deep corruption: Vakil
- Youth only can change corrupt system: Mehbooba
- Slapping PSA on Masrat sheer hooliganism: Asiya
- Govt empowers Forest Protection Force
- LA Environment Committee visits Gurez
- Siblings drown in Dal Lake
- File reply: High Court to Government
- Omar inspects works at Charar-e-Sharief
- Implement Saghir panel report: Hakim to NC
- KU's Botany Department conferred gold medal
Residents Seek Repair Of Defunct Street-Lights
Sopore, Aug 9: Massive protests broke out in this north Kashmir town on Thursday against the Power Department for its alleged failure to repair the defunct street-lights for the past six months. The More
- Srinagar City
Now Hari Singh High Street walkway being reduced to half
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Aug 9: Notwithstanding inconvenience which pedestrians face, the state government is continuing with narrowing down of footpaths in the City centre and other areas of Srinagar leaving behind More
USG MACHINE NOT FUNCTIONING FROM 4 MONTHS
Uri, Aug 9: The absence of child specialists and non-functioning of some of the important equipments in Sub-District Hospital Uri is adversely affecting the patient care in the health centre. “Due More