‘Provide us special internal displacement certificate’
Srinagar: The APSCC expressed strong resentment over denial of special internal displacement certificate to the Sikh Community in the State and impressed upon the Government to extend them the facility at par with Pandit migrants.
“We are shocked at the Central and State Government’s response towards the plight of Sikhs who are providing a special IDC (Internal Displacement Certificate) within Kashmir to a preferred minority in which they are provided all facilities at par with the Migrants”, Raina said.
He said government was turning a blind eye towards the plight of Sikhs. “The migrants are given all packages in terms of employment, economical relief, free education and Backward and Migrants certificates etc but Sikhs are being ignored.
For this, we demand a judicial probe within 24 hours,” he said.
Raina said the Sikh community of Kashmir was the “worst sufferer” of the political dispute over Kashmir”. He demanded that the Sikh community in J&K should be given minority status to up lift their socio-economic condition.
He said the majority community in Kashmir had also largely suffered. “Thousands of them were killed, hundreds of houses gutted, numerous raped, hundreds missing and countless in jails but Government has no concrete plan for permanent peace and prosperity of the State,” he said.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 11 Aug 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Aug 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- HC reserves decision on veracity of keys
- JK dumps Japan way of social welfare
- Gastroenteritis outbreak in Chadoora
- Will create special fund in KU to help orphans, destitutes: Prof Talat
- SKIMS launches endowment fund for poor patients
- Seminar on folk tales of J&K, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh begins
- LD docs observe strike against colleague’s ‘harassment’
- Deptt of posts to issue commemorative postal stamp on Mehjoor: Khalid
- 2008 revolution a milestone in Kashmir struggle: Malik
- 'K- resolution must for peace'
- Release detainees before Eid: Geelani
- APSCC demands impartial probe into Chattisinghpora massacre
- ‘Provide us special internal displacement certificate’
- JK passing through golden era of dev: Rather
- Expedite work on school buildings: DDC Islamabad
- Sagar takes stock of Eid arrangements
- HCBA condemns massacre of Muslims
- ISSUES ELECTION NOTIFICATION
VETERINARY SURGEONS SCREENING TEST
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Aug 11: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has reserved decision on a petition challenging the veracity of key to eight questions that were asked in the screening test of Veterinary surgeons More
- Srinagar City
ACR, SHO, others rescued; weapons fished out; Locals protest ‘Govt apathy’
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Srinagar, Aug 11: Around seventy people including four policemen were wounded in Meer Behri area of north City Saturday morning when a footbridge collapsed in the Dal lake. The incident triggered protests More
- South Asia
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Aug 11: In a move towards unity among divided Hurriyat, joint committees comprising members of both the factions have been set up in Pakistan that would help forge broad based consensus in Kashmir More
Washington, Aug 11: US President Barack Obama hosted Iftar party at the White House on Friday. Addressing the audience from members of diplomatic corps and Muslim members of US Congress, President More