SKIMS launches endowment fund for poor patients
APPEALS FOR DONATION
Srinagar, Aug 11: In its endeavor to provide healthcare facilities to people belonging to low income group, the Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura has launched endowment fund.
In a statement, the SKIMS Director, Prof. Showkat Ali Zargar said, the State Government has been providing sufficient funds for carrying out smooth patient care services. “But still over 50 percent population in J&K belongs to the low income group and is not able to manage specialized treatment. The SKIMS administration does provide every possible help to these patients by exempting the cost of the specialized investigations and provide drugs free of cost strictly on the available facilities and the amount provided at the disposal of Director, SKIMS from Prime Minister’s & Chief Minister’s fund,” the statement said.
It said that there are indigent, destitute and insolvent patients suffering from dreadful diseases like cancers of breast, stomach, esophagus, prostate, colon, Thyroid. Besides, it said some destitute patients who require implantation of pacemakers, valve replacements and need surgical interventions like open heart and transplant surgeries struggle for financial assistance to meet the expenses on these dreadful diseases.
“To provide financial assistance to such people living below poverty line and falling under the low income group, the Institute has launched SKIMS Endowment Fund to help this class. We have developed a mechanism in this behalf and any financial assistance required by any person falling under this class/category shall be provided financial assistance from this fund. The Account No. of the Endowment Fund-SKIMS is SB-15060,” the statement said.
“We appeal to all the philanthropists, civil society members and all respectable citizens of the State who are desirous to contribute towards this fund may deposit the money (Zakat and Sadqat) in the Account No. SB-15060 J&K Bank, SKIMS, Soura. This poor fund scheme does exist in other tertiary care hospitals of the country. The account will be audited from time to time,” it added.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 11 Aug 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Aug 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- HC reserves decision on veracity of keys
- JK dumps Japan way of social welfare
- Gastroenteritis outbreak in Chadoora
- Will create special fund in KU to help orphans, destitutes: Prof Talat
- SKIMS launches endowment fund for poor patients
- Seminar on folk tales of J&K, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh begins
- LD docs observe strike against colleague’s ‘harassment’
- Deptt of posts to issue commemorative postal stamp on Mehjoor: Khalid
- 2008 revolution a milestone in Kashmir struggle: Malik
- 'K- resolution must for peace'
- Release detainees before Eid: Geelani
- APSCC demands impartial probe into Chattisinghpora massacre
- ‘Provide us special internal displacement certificate’
- JK passing through golden era of dev: Rather
- Expedite work on school buildings: DDC Islamabad
- Sagar takes stock of Eid arrangements
- HCBA condemns massacre of Muslims
- ISSUES ELECTION NOTIFICATION
VETERINARY SURGEONS SCREENING TEST
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Aug 11: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has reserved decision on a petition challenging the veracity of key to eight questions that were asked in the screening test of Veterinary surgeons More
- Srinagar City
ACR, SHO, others rescued; weapons fished out; Locals protest ‘Govt apathy’
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Srinagar, Aug 11: Around seventy people including four policemen were wounded in Meer Behri area of north City Saturday morning when a footbridge collapsed in the Dal lake. The incident triggered protests More
- South Asia
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Aug 11: In a move towards unity among divided Hurriyat, joint committees comprising members of both the factions have been set up in Pakistan that would help forge broad based consensus in Kashmir More
Washington, Aug 11: US President Barack Obama hosted Iftar party at the White House on Friday. Addressing the audience from members of diplomatic corps and Muslim members of US Congress, President More