Why Break Fast With DATES?
Dates provide lots of health benefits
DR FEROZ NAQSHBANDI
The health benefits of dates are innumerable. It is, in fact, a dry fruit that is sweet in taste and rich in minerals and vitamins. Health benefits of dates have made them the best nourishment for muscles development. Dates are beneficial for both adults and children, especially during the time of recovery.
It is also seen that almost all the Muslims break the fast with dates and water. Breaking fast with dates helps us to avoid overeating of the food after the fast. When the body absorbs the nutritional value of the dates, the feeling of hunger gets pacified.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Dates
Dates can provide lot of health benefits. Dates are high in iron content and fluorine. Dates are rich source of vitamins and minerals. Consuming dates regularly can help to lower cholesterol and keep many health disorders away.
1. Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2. They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3. It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4. Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious drink. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
5. Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researchers have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke. Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
6. Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
7. It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
8. It helps increase one’s stamina. Soak one handful of dates in goat’s milk overnight. In the morning grind the dates in the milk and add honey and cardamom powder and drink it.
9. Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
10. Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
How To Select Good Quality DATES
Selection of dates is very easy and you can have good ones if they appear fleshy and evenly colored. Make sure there is no artificial sugar coating. Wash the dates properly before you eat because dust accumulates on the dates easily. In addition to all these, storing dates is not a big deal. They are dry fruits and so you do not have to face hassles to store them.
Do not forget to wash the dates thoroughly so that the dust is cleaned properly before consumption. Buy and consume only those dates that are properly packed and processed. No matter how beneficial eatables are, you need to take care while choosing them and so go for the good ones even if you have to pay a little bit more for that.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Aug 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Aug 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 3 Aug 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM GK MAGAZINE
No Progress For Years To Convert Institute
ENGINEERING COLLEGE CLAMOR
Srinagar, Aug 2: In a glaring instance of official indifference, the J&K Government has not made any headway with regard to the conversion of Kashmir Government Polytechnic (KGP) at Gogjibagh here More
- Srinagar City
‘A GIFT FROM MUSLIM COPS FOR BROTHERS IN ISLAM’
AS the Muezzin pronounces Azan, one common call for congregational Salah world over, a beeline of cops makes it to this Masjid in conflict-zone, often to outnumber others, the civilians to be precise. More
TUNNEL ALONG INDO-PAK BORDER
GK NEWS NETWORK
Chachwal (Samba) Aug 2: Border Security Force Thursday said the attempts like the cross-border tunnel in Samba sector have the potential of disturbing the situation along the border and vitiating efforts More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
United Nations, Aug 2: United Nations and Arab League envoy Kofi Annan has resigned from his post as international envoy for Syria after trying in vain for six months to broker peace and bring the country More
Kupwara, Aug 2: The wrong parking of vehicles and encroachment of roads and sidewalks by the vendors and traders in Handwara and Kupwara is causing immense hardships to the pedestrians. According More