Girl dies after eating stale noodles
Kulgam, Dec 12: A five year old girl died while five other members of a family fell unconscious, allegedly after consuming a pack of Maggi noodles in Manzgam village of this south Kashmir district Wednesday.
Police said Abroo (5) daughter of Nisar Ahmad Chak fell unconscious along with her parents and three siblings, after they consumed expired noodles, Tuesday evening. “They were immediately rushed to district hospital Kulgam and after preliminary stomach wash all of them were referred to Srinagar for further treatment,” police sources said.
Abroo, however died on the way to Srinagar, “The rest of the family members are being treated in Srinagar, where their condition is reported to be stable,” police said.
According to police pack of Maggi noodles consumed by the family had expired in 2007.
The children are being treated at GB Pant Hospital, while as their parents are under treatment at the SMHS hospital in Srinagar.
Meanwhile, police have taken cognizance of the matter and initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 of the Cr Pc.
“The shop from where the noodles were bought belongs to the deceased girl’s uncle, Gulzar Ahmad, whose son has also been hospitalized,” said SP Kulgam, Muhammad Shafi.
He said that the police have seized some packs of Maggi noodles from the shop and these have been sent fore laboratory checks.
“We are trying to ascertain whether the noodles were expired or there was some poisonous substance in it. We are waiting for the reports. So far no arrests have been made,” said the SP.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Will try to break ice on Kashmir in Pak: Mirwaiz
- COSMETIC EXERCISES WON’T HELP: GEELANI
- Hurriyat (M) delegation leaves for New Delhi
- NC, Congress firming up pre-poll alliance: Omar
- ‘Awaiting Soz report for BDC polls’
- Mufti asks youth to be pioneers of change
- Amnesty chides New Delhi
- 80 Central Jail detainees ill
- Doctor arrested for infant murder
- Girl dies after eating stale noodles
2 Siblings Also Injured; SOP Nowhere In Sight
SHABIR IBN YUSUF
Srinagar, Dec 12: A girl died while two of her siblings were injured in a littered explosive blast in Lolab area of frontier district of Kupwara on Wednesday evening. Police sources said Nuzhat Akhter More
- Srinagar City
JKSMA holds symbolic trek from Faqeer Gujri to Asthan Marg in Dara stretch of Harwan area in the heels of mount Mahadev
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, Dec 12: Adventure tourism lovers Wednesday joined hands to promote hills in Srinagar for trekking by holding a symbolic trek in the picturesque Harwan area. In continuation to the celebration More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Dec 12: A portion of the Assembly complex here collapsed reportedly due to construction work going on nearby, prompting the Jammu and Kashmir government to set up a three-member panel to probe the More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Washington, Dec 12: Legendary sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar, who spearheaded the worldwide spread of Indian music and had a major influence on Western musicians like The Beatles, died today in San More
- Court Watch
Counsel seeks lodging of accused at lock-ups nearer to their trial court
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Dec 12: A local court Wednesday directed the State to lodge two foreign ‘militants’ at Central Jail Srinagar and district jail Baramulla while sending the third ‘militant’ back to district jail More
Since 2008, Kashmir Education Initiative (KEI), a volunteer-driven philanthropic organization with a focus on education in Kashmir, has been quietly supporting education of talented and deserving More