Day-3: Sopore observes shutdown
Sopore, Dec 21: The north Kashmir town of Sopore on Friday remained shut for the third consecutive day against Tuesday’s encounter that left six militants dead and scores of houses and orchards damaged.
Government and private institutions, business establishments were closed and traffic remained off the roads.
Stone pelting was reported from a few hotspots in the town.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 21 Dec 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 22 Dec 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Govt, Separatists join chorus on return of Kashmiri Pandits
- Hurriyat (M) assures ‘social guarantee’, restoration of properties
- Omar rules out rejoining NDA
- Bedi Commission to submit report today
- HC ORDERS JUDICIAL PROBE
- Day-3: Sopore observes shutdown
- Detainees’ harassed in Bla jail: Hurriyat (G)
- 'LeT militant involved in Sarpanch killing arrested'
- 60th UGC orientation course begins at KU
- Shah, Mir arrested
Right Time For Community To Think Of Coming Back: Omar
New Delhi, Dec 21: Promising to restore sense of security in Kashmiri Pandits who left the Valley two decades ago, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday asked the community to explore possibility More
- Srinagar City
Authorities mute spectators
Srinagar, Dec 21: In blatant violation of norms, agricultural land in Srinagar district is shrinking at a fast pace with booming illegal colonies and constructions coming up on it under the nose of authorities More
Bifurcation of Directorate of Colleges
Jammu, Dec 21: The government seems to have put the proposal of bifurcation of Directorate of colleges into the back burner as no headway has been made on the issue since the process was started about More