Azad meets militancy-victim boy at Pune
Srinagar, Dec 28: Minister for Health and Family welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad today met militancy victim boy from Jammu and Kashmir Joginder Singh who is residing in Pune.
“Azad had intervened after 15 members of Joginder Singh’s family were killed in a militant attack at village Lehuta in Tehsil Thatri of Doda district and got him rehabilitated at Sarhad in Pune,” said a statement.
Azad while meeting the 17-year old boy asked various educational institutions in Pune to come to the forefront to ensure underprivileged children such as Joginder Singh has a bright future. Sanjay Nahar, President Sarhad said Joginder has found a new home in Pune and is now looking ahead to make a career in hotel management.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 29 Dec 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM BRIEFS
- 14 officials suspended in Budgam
- Azad meets militancy-victim boy at Pune
- Zaffar Bhat for lasting solution to K-issue
- ML concerned at falling health of Dr Faktoo, Masrat
- 2 mobile Lok Adalats held
- EEU to go on indefinite strike from Jan 1
- CSFK welcomes decision on promotion of docs
- Banday promoted as spl secretary
- Stop constructions on agri land in Anantnag: DDC to officials
- 13 quarters gutted in Pahalgam
Snow Adds Color To New Year Festivities At Gulmarg
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Dec 28: While the plains in Kashmir received light rainfall, heavy snowfall was Friday recorded in the upper reaches including the world-famous tourist resort of Gulmarg. Kargil, Drass More
- Srinagar City
Patients shiver in freezing cold
Srinagar, Dec 28: In a surprising move which is taking a heavy toll on patients including newborns in freezing cold, authorities at the Kashmir’s lone maternity hospital Lal Ded here operate the heating More