DMA ISSUES AVALANCHE WARNING
Srinagar, Dec 28: Authorities today sounded a medium danger avalanche warning for several areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir Valley following fresh snowfall in these areas.
"The northern districts of the Valley has experienced fresh snowfall due to which Divisional Disaster Management Authority (DMA), Kashmir has issued Medium-danger warning for avalanche prone areas," Coordinator of the Authority Aamir Ali said.
He said the areas where avalanche warning has been issued include Chowkibal, Tangdhar, Keran, MachIl, Gurez, Tuleil, Sonamarg, Drass and higher reaches of Gulmarg and Uri sectors.
"People living in higher reaches of these areas have been advised not to venture in avalanche prone areas, during the next 24 hours," Ali said.
He said the people living in these snow-bound areas are also advised to keep cleaning the snow from roof top of their houses to avoid any causality due to roof collapse.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 29 Dec 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Fresh snowfall in upper reaches, rains lash plains
- DMA ISSUES AVALANCHE WARNING
- JK to register power projects under International Climate Treaty
- SAC initiates probe against former Congress Minister
- Wajahat’s ‘confession’ better late than never: Geelani
- Centre begins evaluation of welfare schemes in JK
- Man convicted for murdering master
- Bandipora up in arms against HCC 'noncompliance'
- SSB prefers diploma holders to postgraduates
- Storm affected families provided relief
- SSM College students accuse KU of ‘lackadaisical’ approach
Snow Adds Color To New Year Festivities At Gulmarg
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Dec 28: While the plains in Kashmir received light rainfall, heavy snowfall was Friday recorded in the upper reaches including the world-famous tourist resort of Gulmarg. Kargil, Drass More
- Srinagar City
Patients shiver in freezing cold
Srinagar, Dec 28: In a surprising move which is taking a heavy toll on patients including newborns in freezing cold, authorities at the Kashmir’s lone maternity hospital Lal Ded here operate the heating More