Power, water woes at Drangbal
Baramulla, Feb 9: The residents of Drangbal here have complained about erratic power supply and water scarcity in the area.
The residents told Greater Kashmir that they their taps were running dry since the snowfall and the district administration was failing to mitigate their problems. “Even after restoring basic necessities across valley after the heavy snowfall, our village still lacks electricity and water. We were already facing the problems, but the indifference of officials has added to our woes,” said a resident, Muhammad Shafi, adding the women folk of the area had to walk miles during the chilling weather condition to fetch water from adjoining areas.
He said they approached the concerned authorities many times, but no substantial action was initiated in the matter.
The residents sought the intervention of Chief Engineers of Power Development Department and Public Health Engineering in this regard.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 9 Feb 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 10 Feb 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Pharmaceutical traders stage demonstrations at Lal Chowk
- HCBA, separatists oppose shifting of detainees to Jammu prisons
- JK to launch prompt medical emergency service: Omar
- JK students meet Omar, Dr Farooq in Delhi
- Real estate prices sky rocket in Baramulla
- Power, water woes at Drangbal
- 20 years on, district hospital building incomplete
- Bla Mini-Secretariat in shambles
- Zahid Farooq case: Hearing in Supreme Court within 2 weeks
- HC stays BCA exams, sets aside Single Bench order
- Bita Karatey to lead protest on Feb 11
- Day temp rises in Valley
NEW DRUG POLICY TRIGGERS VIOLENT PROTEST
Srinagar, Feb 9: Valley-based wholesale and retail distributors of pharmaceutical products staged protests here in Lal Chowk against the recently approved Drug Policy saying it will affect their livelihood More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, Feb 9: Bollywood star Aamir Khan’s presence in the City Thursday surprised many, particularly his fans, who struggled in vain to get his glimpse as the actor moved around under tight security More
TO BRING BILL IN UPCOMING LA SESSION
Jammu, Feb 9: The Jammu and Kashmir Government has decided to bring in a bill to pave way for the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir Nursing Council- which the state never had. Pertinently, the More