‘Illegal fishing on in Nullah Sindh’
Ganderbal, Feb 12: The residents of Ganderbal have accused the fisheries department of failing to stop the unabated illegal fishing at Nullah Sindh.
According to the residents, the illegal fishing is taking place by different means even during broad daylight on Nullah Sindh at Gangarhama, Wahidpora, Watalbagh, Babusipora, Wayil, Wussan, Preng, Kijpora, Kangan, Satrina, Margund, Cherwan, Thune, Mamra, Ganiwan, Sumabal, Gund, Rayil, Kulan, Rezan, Gagangeer and other villages.
“As the flow of water is receding, miscreants are using bleeching powder, live electric current and other means for fishing in the Nullah Sindh and the fisheries department is hardly visible,” said Nisar Ahmad, a resident of Lar.
“By using these illegal means to catch the fishes the miscreants not only are violating the norms but are playing with the lives of humans and animals by polluting water and putting live electric currents in the Nullah Sindh as so many animals die,” said Abdul Rashid of Wahidpora.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Feb 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 13 Feb 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- After 16 years, slain ‘militant’ turns out civilian
- Handicapped widow battles for survival
- Labour groups clash at Rattle project site in Kishtwar
- Bar President Islamabad bereaved
- Vohra directs IG CRPF to get them removed in 24 hours
- J&K RTI Movement starts membership drive
- VRC PROVES DAMP SQUIB IN KASHMIR
- Agricultural land shrinking in Ganderbal
- Kangan shop owners seek rehabilitation
- ‘Illegal fishing on in Nullah Sindh’
- Muslims becoming soft targets: Mirwaiz
- Class-IV employees in valley hospitals without salary
- NAAC team to inspect KU Staff College
- ETT trainees left in lurch
- Nasir condemns youth’s killing, terms it as accident
- Local channels resume news telecast
- Mir, Untoo condemn Rafiabad killing
- Police busts fake charitable trust in Nowgam
- Poswal demands action against BOSE chairman
SHRC indicts BSF for killing ‘peace-loving citizen'
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, Feb 12: The Jammu and Kashmir State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has indicted the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) for killing a youth of Harwan in a fake encounter in 1995 and rejected More
- Srinagar City
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Braving harsh Himalayan chill thousands of devotees from across Kashmir joined hands for mega procession in Srinagar even as they stressed for universal peace and brotherhood while Moulana Naqeeb, Hussain More
Bishnah, Feb 12: Former Chief Minister and patron of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mufti Muhammad Sayeed on Sunday claimed that credibility and authority of the institution of Chief Minister has been More