Bar President Islamabad bereaved
Srinagar, Feb 12: Manzoor Ahmad Sodagar, elder brother of President Bar Association Islamabad (Anantnag) Fayaz Ahmad, Saturday died due to brain hemorrhage in SKIMS Soura here.
An employee of Agriculture Department, Sodagar (53) was laid to rest this morning at his ancestral graveyard near Nai Basti. Members of various political parties, NGOs, religious organizations and the Bar Association took part in his funeral.
Meanwhile, Abdul Rahim, who works as electrical consultant with Greater Kashmir expressed sympathies and condolences with the bereaved family including his father Ghulam Muhammad, mother and brother-in-law, Ishrat Majeed Dar, the proprietor of Welcome Enterprises at MA Road here. He prayed for the peace to the deceased and courage to the bereaved family to bear the irreparable loss.
According to family sources the mourning would be observed for three only (till Feb 14).
They said Quran-Khawani will be held on Feb 15 at their Nai Basti Islamabad residence.
Meanwhile, the Chairman of Hurriyat (G) Syed Ali Shah Geelani has also condoled the demise and expressed sympathy with the bereaved family.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Feb 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 13 Feb 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- After 16 years, slain ‘militant’ turns out civilian
- Handicapped widow battles for survival
- Labour groups clash at Rattle project site in Kishtwar
- Bar President Islamabad bereaved
- Vohra directs IG CRPF to get them removed in 24 hours
- J&K RTI Movement starts membership drive
- VRC PROVES DAMP SQUIB IN KASHMIR
- Agricultural land shrinking in Ganderbal
- Kangan shop owners seek rehabilitation
- ‘Illegal fishing on in Nullah Sindh’
- Muslims becoming soft targets: Mirwaiz
- Class-IV employees in valley hospitals without salary
- NAAC team to inspect KU Staff College
- ETT trainees left in lurch
- Nasir condemns youth’s killing, terms it as accident
- Local channels resume news telecast
- Mir, Untoo condemn Rafiabad killing
- Police busts fake charitable trust in Nowgam
- Poswal demands action against BOSE chairman
SHRC indicts BSF for killing ‘peace-loving citizen'
ARIF SHAFI WANI
Srinagar, Feb 12: The Jammu and Kashmir State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has indicted the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) for killing a youth of Harwan in a fake encounter in 1995 and rejected More
- Srinagar City
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Braving harsh Himalayan chill thousands of devotees from across Kashmir joined hands for mega procession in Srinagar even as they stressed for universal peace and brotherhood while Moulana Naqeeb, Hussain More
Bishnah, Feb 12: Former Chief Minister and patron of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mufti Muhammad Sayeed on Sunday claimed that credibility and authority of the institution of Chief Minister has been More