Geelani to meet Jethmalani on Friday
Srinagar, Feb 1: Hurriyat Conference (G) chairman, Syed Ali Shah Geelani is scheduled to meet Kashmir Committee head and former Union Law Minister, Ram Jethmalani at the latter’s New Delhi residence on Friday, a vernacular news agency KNS reported on Tuesday.
They said the meeting will be held in the backdrop of Jethmalani’s recent invitation to senior separatist leader. “Former diplomats and members of civil society groups are also expected to participate in the meeting,” sources added.
“Hurriyat (G) spokesman, Ayaz Akbar will accompany Geelani in the meeting,” sources said. Geealni and all other separatist leaders had declined to meet New Delhi appointed interlocutors last year. However, sources said, separatist leaders, including Geelani, have shown willingness to engage in talks with Kashmir Committee led by Jethmalani.
Talking to KNS Geelani confirmed that he would meet Jethmalani on February 3.
“A 5-member journalist delegation met me at my Malviya Nagar residence where I briefed them about Kashmir issue. I told them how India is holding on Kashmir and is looting our resources,” Geelani told KNS.
He said the meeting with Jethmalani is being held to brief the Indian people about Kashmir. KNS
Lastupdate on : Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 1 Feb 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- High Court stays DGP’s order
- Grand Mufti reacts to Geelani’s statement
- Government making RTI Act weak: PDP
- Lawyers, Civil Society for awareness campaign
- HCBA to hold Seerat Conference on Feb 4
- Geelani to meet Jethmalani on Friday
- JKLF( H) calls for shutdown on February 11
- Rana meets deputations at CM’s pvt office
- RGGVY proves damp squib in Kupwara
- Kupwara stream turns into garbage dumping site
- SRTC EMPLOYEES BEGIN 3-DAY STRIKE
- 1killed, 5 injured in Kupwara blaze
- PULWAMA REELS UNDER DARKNESS
- Sugar seized from house in Khansahib
- APSCCK REFUTES PTI REPORT
- Doley asks CD Volunteers to assist in snow clearance
- Construction of schools under SSA slow
- Vakil welcomes CM’s initiative
- Land acquisition for Islamic University
SHIFTING OF DETAINEES TO OUTSIDE JAILS
D A RASHID
Srinagar, Feb 1: The High Court on Wednesday stayed state Director General of Prisons’ order to shift four detainees from Central Jail Srinagar to various jails at Jammu. Putting the order of sessions More
- Srinagar City
Defending lawyer withdraws from case
Srinagar, Feb 1: Here’s some bad news for “animal lovers” pleading sterilization as only solution to the alarming dog population, which has broken all records of attacks on humans in Srinagar. Prominent More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Feb 1: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Wednesday said the youth of Jammu and Kashmir are strongly in favor of a political solution to the Kashmir problem and the state government is working in that More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR/PTI
Islamabad, Feb 1: In the first incident of its kind, a woman university professor from southern Sindh province sent a parcel containing deadly anthrax powder to the Pakistani Prime Minister's Secretariat More