Lt Gen Parnaik, GOC Chinar Corps pay tributes to slain soldiers
Srinagar, Feb 26: General Officer Commanding (GOC) Northern Command, Lt General KT Parnaik, and GOC Chinar Corps Lt Gen S A Hasnain have paid rich tributes to the soldiers killed in an avalanche at Dawar Gurez in north Kashmir.
ďThe GOC-in-C, Northern Command, Lt Gen KT Parnaik, who visited Valley on Saturday attended the wreath laying ceremony for the 13 brave soldiers who lost their lives. The Army commander also expressed his deep condolences to the families of the soldiers who laid down their lives in the service of nation. He assured the bereaved families that all assistance will be provided to them,Ē a defence spokesman said in a statement.
He said Lt Gen KT Parnaik also appreciated the rescue efforts launched by the Army and thanked the Chief Minister and the civil administration for all the assistance provided by them.
Earlier on his arrival, the Army Commander was received by the GOC of Srinagar based Chinar Corps Lt Gen SA Hasnain, who briefed him on the damages and unfortunate loss of lives in the recent avalanches as well as the rescue effort underway, the spokesman added.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 27 Feb 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 6 model villages in Bípora san basic amenities
- Er Rasheed takes on Dr Farooq
- Lt Gen Parnaik, GOC Chinar Corps pay tributes to slain soldiers
- Khwaja Ghulam Nabi Drabu passes away
- SC to hear Zahid Farooq killing case today
- Poor BSNL mobile service irks Ganderbal residents
- Kangan residents seek electricity from local power projects
- Ganderbal, Kangan sans lavatories
- Death of pregnant woman sparks off protest
- Police bust car-lifter modules in Valley
- Bollywood keeps date with Pahalgam
- Seminar on BNPI campaign held
- Karnah still cut off
- Dal Khalsa opposes NCTC
Bandipora, Feb 26: Despite Minister for Rural Development and Panchayats, Ali Muhammad Sagar claiming that 115 villages across JK have been turned into model villages and work on remaining four is nearing More
- Srinagar City
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, Feb 26: Despite repeated assurances from three successive regimes, the state government has miserably failed to rehabilitate 400 odd shopkeepers on the Airport Road in south City, whose shops More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 26: Justice Altamas Kabir, senior most Judge, Supreme Court of India on Sunday inaugurated the upgraded building of State Judicial Academy and laid the foundation stone for new Academy complex More