2 soldiers die due to asphyxiation
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Jammu, Jan 10: Two army soldiers died due to asphyxiation resulting from smoke from a charcoal box in their room in Udhampur district.
After finishing work in the Army mess in 5171 unit in Army Service Corps (ASC), two Jawans - Havaldar Randhir Singh and Sepoy Ranjeet Singh - went to sleep in their room after lighting up charcoal in tin box in Udhampur district, Station House Officer (SHO), Udhampur, Gain Chand Sharma told PTI.
Both of them were found unconscious and shifted to hospital, where they were declared brought dead today, he said adding that they died of asphyxiation.
A case has been registered in this direction, the Police officer said. Randhir belonged to Haryana and Ranjeet belonged to Bihar.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM JAMMU
Bandipora, Jan 10: At least 23 persons were injured when a passenger bus skid off a slippery road in Bandipora district today. The bus, on its way to Srinagar from Bandipora, met with the accident More
- Srinagar City
Money diverted to fictitious savings; Accused clerks, SafaiKaramcharies have millions in their bank accounts
Srinagar, Jan 10: A scam worth crores of rupees has been unearthed in the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) involving many of its employees for allegedly diverting financial benefits of their colleagues More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Jan 10: J&K State Overseas Employment Corporation Ltd (JKSOEC) opened its office in New Delhi on Tuesday, an official spokesman said. He said the Corporation set up by the More
- South Asia