Qazi Yasir launches anti-liquor agitation
Call for Valley-wide protests on Friday
Srinagar: Mirwaiz South Kashmir Qazi Yasir today announced the launch of an agitation against the sale of liquor and urged the people to stage protests across the Valley on Friday.
“After threadbare discussions, we have decided to launch a campaign against liquor in the Valley. We have already filed an RTI plea on the issue and urge the people to stage protests across the Valley on coming Friday to press for blanket ban of liquor,” said Mirwaiz who is also the chief spokesman of Mutahida Ulmae Ahli Sunnat (MUAS).
“The agitation against the liquor will continue till its sale is completely banned in Kashmir,” Mirwaiz added.
On the occasion, Mirwaiz welcomed union of all religious scholars under the banner of
MUAS said the organization will work for betterment of the society.
Later, Mirwaiz condemned the killing of Altaf Ahmad by CISF personnel in Uri. He also paid rich tributes to Sopore martyrs on their 18th anniversary.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 6 Jan 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 7 Jan 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Rs 30 crore bridge work allotted without tenders
- HC directs KU, CASET college to facilitate exam of BCA candidates
- Qazi Yasir launches anti-liquor agitation
- Altaf gives relief cheques to fire victim
- Hakeem reviews works in Khansahib
- SPCB asks HCC not to pollute Bandipora stream
- Rich tributes paid to Sopore martyrs
- Arrangements for Urs of Hazrat Sultan-ul-Aarifeen (RA) finalized
- Boys Degree College Islamabad alumni meet
- Hurriyat (G) aghast at slapping of PSA against activist, student
- Body recovered, PDD employee dies
- Damhal residents seek upgradation of sub-district hospital
- Youth leave studies midway; people aghast
- Gujjars stage protest in Handwara
Rs 5 crore released one year ahead of allotment
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, Jan 6: The Jammu and Kashmir Projects Construction Corporation (JKPCC) has allotted a multi-crore project in Jammu’s Doda district to a construction firm without inviting any tenders, official More
- Srinagar City
Admin fails to demolish dilapidated buildings
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Srinagar, Jan 6: The ongoing bad weather conditions have worsened the fears of Habba Kadal residents about the fate of over a dozen dilapidated buildings, in the area, which the authorities had identified More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Jan 6: An official spokesman on Friday said that Education Volunteers (EVs) having qualification of Adeeb-e-Mahir (12th Class) Plus English form State of Board of School Education (BOSE) would be More
- South Asia
Muzaffarabad, Jan 6: Traders removed their nearly 120 trucks laden with different intra-Kashmir tradable items from Jhelum valley road near here on Thursday, six days after they had pulled them up there More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
New York, Jan 6: The New York man, facing hate crime charges for attacking an Islamic centre and a Hindu temple, went about throwing molotov cocktails at the places as he "hated all Muslims and Arabs" More