Sogam remembers Sogami on anniversary
Sogam (Kupwara), July 23: Scores of people paid rich tributes to former minister Late Ghulam Nabi Wani (Sogami) on his 31st death anniversary at his ancestral graveyard here this morning.
An official spokesman said the Minister of State for Home , Nasir Aslam Wani, who is also grandson of late Sogami, Minister of state for R&B, Javiad Ahmad Dar, prominent leaders of the district and hundreds of people were present on the occasion.
Earlier, Duaya Majlis was conducted in local Jamia Masjid whose construction was started by late leader in 1955.
“Later, a public meeting was held wherein the contribution of Sogami was highlighted which includes providing water harvesting concept to then government for providing irrigation facilities to the kandi belts of the state particularly district Kupwara,” the spokesman said. “It was also stated that Sogami also contributed immensely to promotion of tourism in Lolab valley and other parts of the district.”
Speaking on the occasion, Nasir said to bring Lolab valley on the tourism map of the state was dream of the late leader and it was realized with the establishment of Lolab-Bungs-Dringyari Development Authority (LBDDA).
Lastupdate on : Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- ‘Iss Route Ki Sabhi Linay Wyest Hai’
- PDP to observe Foundation Day on July 28
- KU students hit streets to protest colleague’s detention
- GEELANI CONDEMNS
- KU remembers IT guru at condolence meet
- Sogam remembers Sogami on anniversary
- Omar reviews SDMA functioning
- DDC Islamabad launches drive against encroachers
- FSL report rules out short circuit
- Broadcast news programs through local cable operators: Mehbooba
- Article 370 safeguards people’s identity, interests: Tanvir Sadiq
- Desecration of Masjid sparks protest
‘Helpline’ Service In Valley Police Stations Out Of Order
Srinagar, July 23: Call a police station in Kashmir and hear this: ‘Iss Route Ki Sabhi Linay Wyest Hai’ (All lines to this route are busy). Reason: the defunct telephone system which seems to be nobody More
- Srinagar City
GK CITY REPORTER
Srinagar, July 23: Are traffic norms to be given preference or the contradictory orders of your higher-ups? Well, in case of Army, the soldiers were seen obeying the electronic machine than their human More