30 structures demolished for highway expansion
Islamabad (Anantnag), July 2: The district administration here on Monday demolished around 30 structures to pave way for expansion of the Srinagar-Jammu highway.
The demolition was carried at Pujteng and Sethar areas near Sangam, falling under the jurisdiction of district Anantnag (Islamabad).
“We have been regularly serving the notices to the owners of these establishments, asking them to demolish structures on their own. But since they failed to comply with our directions, we were forced to act against them and demolish the structures coming in the way of highway expansion,” said the Deputy Commissioner, Anantnag (Islamabad) Farooq Ahmad Shah.
He said that about 30 structures falling within 36.9 kms of radius of Islamabad district were demolished. “Most of the establishments have been compensated and the remaining will also be compensated in due course of time. I request the people to cooperate in this endeavor,” he told Greater Kashmir.
Farooq Shah aid the district administration also held a meeting with the Ramki Engineering works, a Hyderabad based construction company in-charge of the project, directing them to speed up the work on the project.
DC Anantnag, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Ghulam Ahmad Dar, along with other district officials were personally monitoring the demolition drive.
Pertinently the Srinagar-Jammu highway expansion is an ambitious project meant to four-lane the road.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- PDP hoodwinking people: Rana
- Shabir Shah, Nayeem Khan visit Dastgeer Sahab (RA) shrine
- 300 fall ill after consuming Wazwan
- Guv visits Pir Ki Gali, Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary
- 2 bodies recovered after 5 months
- SHRC seeks report from DGP, DDC
- Avoid junk food: Medicos to people
- Baramulla’s media department short of equipment, multimedia lab
- Student politics need of the hour: National Conference
- US-based Kashmiri lawyer files PIL in High Court
- New Delhi’s K-policy based on repression: Inqilabi
- Urges people to avail benefits of welfare schemes
- Soz visits Kupwara areas
- 30 structures demolished for highway expansion
- Div Com issues PSA warrants
- Court directs action against friend of accused
- Make talks meaningful exercise: JAH to Indo-Pak FS
- ‘House, shop sealed in Nowhatta’
- We don’t operate outside JK: LeT
- CET 2nd rank holder aims at IAS
- Kupwara shuts against bad road conditions
Wachi (Shopian) July 2: Political Advisor to the Chief Minister Devender Singh Rana on Monday alleged that the People’s Democratic Party has always hoodwinked the people by raising hollow slogans More
- Srinagar City
Prominent animal rights activist and senior parliamentarian says she’s in Srinagar to protect human lives not dogs
SHE comes from country’s prominent Nehru-Gandhi political clan. She is Member Parliament for the seventh time. She happens to be third senior most Parliamentarian and has remained minister in four governments More
- For Contributors