Guv visits Pir Ki Gali, Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary
Srinagar, July 2: Governor, N N Vohra, on Monday traveled on the Mughal Road and visited Pir Ki Galli, an official spokesman said.
Emphasizing the high importance of this road, the Governor observed that besides providing the shortest road link between Poonch and Rajouri districts in Jammu division and the Kashmir Valley, this Highway shall open up the entire area for trekking, mountaineering, tourism and speedy economic development. In this context, the Governor stressed the importance of this important road being fully completed, in every way, on the speediest possible basis.
The Governor, accompanied by the first lady Usha Vohra, , also visited Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary and took keen interest in the animals and birds species which inhibit this reserved area.
Itesar Suhail, Wildlife Warden Shopian, briefed the Governor about the Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary which spreads over an area of 341 square kilometers. Markhor, which is found in this Sanctuary, is a critically endangered species. Other species are Brown Bear, Musk Deer, Leopard and 130 species of birds.
The Governor and the First Lady paid obeisance at the Shrine of Hazrat Ahmad Karim Sahib at Pir Ki Galli and prayed for sustained peace and prosperity in the State.
Earlier, on arrival at Shopian, the Governor and the first lady, were received by Muhammad Javed Khan, Deputy Commissioner, Shopian, Mumtaz Ahmad, SP Shopian, Bimal Tikoo, Chief Engineer, Mughal Road Project and other officers.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- PDP hoodwinking people: Rana
- Shabir Shah, Nayeem Khan visit Dastgeer Sahab (RA) shrine
- 300 fall ill after consuming Wazwan
- Guv visits Pir Ki Gali, Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary
- 2 bodies recovered after 5 months
- SHRC seeks report from DGP, DDC
- Avoid junk food: Medicos to people
- Baramulla’s media department short of equipment, multimedia lab
- Student politics need of the hour: National Conference
- US-based Kashmiri lawyer files PIL in High Court
- New Delhi’s K-policy based on repression: Inqilabi
- Urges people to avail benefits of welfare schemes
- Soz visits Kupwara areas
- 30 structures demolished for highway expansion
- Div Com issues PSA warrants
- Court directs action against friend of accused
- Make talks meaningful exercise: JAH to Indo-Pak FS
- ‘House, shop sealed in Nowhatta’
- We don’t operate outside JK: LeT
- CET 2nd rank holder aims at IAS
- Kupwara shuts against bad road conditions
Wachi (Shopian) July 2: Political Advisor to the Chief Minister Devender Singh Rana on Monday alleged that the People’s Democratic Party has always hoodwinked the people by raising hollow slogans More
- Srinagar City
Prominent animal rights activist and senior parliamentarian says she’s in Srinagar to protect human lives not dogs
SHE comes from country’s prominent Nehru-Gandhi political clan. She is Member Parliament for the seventh time. She happens to be third senior most Parliamentarian and has remained minister in four governments More
- For Contributors