Anti-PDD protest at Banhar Wathoora
Chadoora, (Budgam) July 29: The inhabitants of Banhar Wathoora village here staged peaceful protest against the Power Development Department (PDD) for inordinate delay in installation of a transformer here.
The inhabitants said a 63 KV transformer feeding the village developed technical snag in winter this year.
They said on their request, Member Parliament, Prof Soz sanctioned Rs 1.50 lakh for installation of a 100 KV transformer.
“But the PDD officials especially the Assistant Executive Engineer PDD Chadoora told us that this money is insufficient to purchase a 100 KVA transformer,” the locals said.
They said according to market rate a 100 KVA transformer costs only Rs 90,000. “But we thought that PDD would need more money for purchase of cables and other equipments. So we again approached Prof Soz for more funds. He was too gracious to provide us more funds to purchase a 250 KVA transformer,” Sayar Ahmad a local.
“The Chief Planning Officer (CPO) Budgam forwarded Prof Soz’s letter to the concerned PDD engineers in June, however the estimate has not been prepared yet. Ironically, the PDD engineers now maintain that our village has far below load capacity than 250 KVA transformer,” they said.
In this scorching heat we are facing immense problems in absence of power. We make a fervent appeal to the Chief Engineer PDD and DC Budgam to look into the matter.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 29 Jul 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 30 Jul 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Unsung Heroes of Banihal: Youth risk lives to save victims
- Dara residents protest against supply of polluted water
- 4 killed in roads mishaps
- DDC Islamabad assures restoration of Sherbagh
- Shabir Shah, Nayeem, Mir, others arrested on way to Bandipora
- Anti-PDD protest at Banhar Wathoora
- Malik enquires about health of injured
- Done with Jammu, SSB 'sits over' future course on Valley selection lists
- Beacon driver gets 1-yr imprisonment for rash driving
- 2 ‘sex determination’ clinics sealed in Shopian
- Budgam bus stand row sees no end
- ‘Political parties hijacking student activism’
- Bandipora residents suspend anti-NHPC protest
- Omar has vision for state: Tanvir Sadiq
Banihal, July 29: It was yet another usual scene along the Jammu-Srinagar Highway - another mishap and another rescue operation but again by the local youth, who risk their lives after every such mishap More
- Srinagar City
Broken ramp of this much delayed structure has been cemented again to hide fissures, misgivings
Srinagar, July 29: Hyderpora flyover, the 18-month project incomplete even after missing a dozen odd deadlines since its inception in 2006, is feared to bring embarrassment for government on yet another More
Operation to dug open tunnel in full swing
Tunnel on Indo-Pak border
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, July 29: High level teams of Army and Border Security Force today visited the forward area of Samba district, where a 400 meter long tunnel was unearthed along the Indo-Pak border, the other day More