Soldier, 4 pilgrims die; toll 37
Amarnath yatra 2012
Srinagar, July 6: Four pilgrims and a soldier died of cardiac arrest enroute to the Amarnath shrine in south Kashmir, taking the death toll in the ongoing yatra to 37, officials said today.
The soldier identified as Naik Sant Lal, of Haryana, collapsed during patrolling in Brarimarg area along Baltal-cave route, the officials said.
Lal was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The officials said three women pilgrims Gori Rani, 35, and Santosh, 45, both hailing from Punjab, and Barti, 55, of Andhra Pradesh died at Baltal and Brarimarg last evening.
Another pilgrim, Ram Krishan, 62, of Haryana, also suffered heart attack and died at Dumail on the Baltal-cave route yesterday, the officials said.
The annual yatra, which commenced on June 25 from the twin routes of Baltal in Ganderbal district and traditional Pahhalgam in Islamabad (Anantnag) district, was going on smoothly.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 6 Jul 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 6 Jul 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 7 Jul 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Stay away from Gurduwaras: Sikh bodies tell politicians
- New healthcare scheme for cops soon: Rajendra
- Prioritize inaccessible areas for road connectivity: Assurance Committee
- Sarpanch on rampage in Budgam
- Shab-e-Barat observed
- Soldier, 4 pilgrims die; toll 37
- CM calls on Governor
- Prof Talat visits KU north campus
- Baramulla jail gets female prisoners block
- Girls outshine boys in Combined Services Exam
- Omar in Awami Mulakat
- Protest in Kulgam
- Autonomy to strengthen ties between all stakeholders: NC
- Police register FIR against Sarpanch
- Bilateral talks won’t yield any result: JKLF (R)
- HC penalizes doctor for inserting his own name
- Mufti Bashiruddin discharged
- Kashmiri detenues living in bad jail conditions: JKSM
- CTA calls on Chairman PSC
- Consolidated paid nurses urge CM to intervene
‘Don’t Use Religious Platforms For Political Lectures’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, July 6: A day after Chief Minister Omar Abdullah addressed Sikh devotees at Chattipadshahi here on the eve of 417th birth anniversary of Guru Hargobind Ji, various Sikh organizations Friday criticized More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, July 6: House Committee (HC) on Friday directed the Commissioner, Srinagar Municipal Corporation(SMC) to “depute an enforcement party of the SMC to Ansari Motors(TOYOTA) at Bemina Bypass Srinagar More
Jammu, July 6: Senior National Conference leader Ajay Sadhotra Friday alleged that the Peoples Democratic Party leadership “has always acted to weaken democracy in the state and is in habit of dismantling More
Arts only stream available
Kupwara: The newly established Government Degree College for women in this frontier district under the centrally sponsored scheme, “Establishment of Model Degree Colleges in Educationally Backward Districts More
- For Contributors