Army organizes educational tour
Students to meet Prez
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 31: Army on Thursday said that it sent 34 persons, including 30 students, from frontier district of Kupwara on a 12- day educational tour under operation Sadbhavana.
Army’s Srinagar based spokesman said, “ The efforts of the Army to provide exposure to the youth of the backward areas of Handwara Tehsil, 47 Rashtriya Rifles under the aegis of 8 Sector Rashtriya Rifles/Kilo Force organized a 12 day Bharat Darshan tour under Sadbhavna. Participants will visit Jammu-New Delhi-Dehradun-Mussorie for sight seeing. A total of 34 persons including 30 students and 4 teachers from various villages will get an opportunity to meet the President of India, Pratibha Devi Singh Patil and also witness the Passing Out Parade of newly commissioned officers at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun,” he said.
The tour was flagged off by Sarmand Hafeez, Deputy Commissioner, Kupwara wherein various prominent civilian/police and local dignitaries were also present, sthe spokesman added.
Skill Development Programme held
Meanwhile, 14- Rashtriya Rifles (Garhwal Rifles) under the aegis of Headquarters 81 Mountain Brigade organized a Skill Development Programme at Iti, Bandipora in north Kashmir, the spokesman said.
He said the aspirants were divided into six groups and were tasked to prepare presentation’s based on case studies in the book “Connect The Dots” By Rashmi Bansal. “These presentation were conducted so the aspirants could gain confidence in Public speaking and hone their skills for Employment in public And private Sectors,” he added.
The presentations, he said, were Presided over by Brigadier Anil Puri, Commander, 81 Mountain Brigade, Rashida Akhtar, District Social Officer and Shabnum Kousar, Principal, Army Goodwill School, Kharpura.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 1 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Omar visits his constituency, reviews power scenario
- Next stop Gurez: Omar
- Tangdhar, Karnah residents pin hope on Omar’s promises
- NYC volunteers’ strike continues
- Postal Dept to recruit 300 JK youth
- CRPF man gets 6 yrs RI
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes at Saddar Court
- Govt likely to withdraw PSA against ‘some youth’
- Lokpal functioning will render PDP leaderless: Dr. Kamal
- Geelani pays tributes to Wullar tragedy victims
- Some officers want to discredit Omar: Wani
- Govt committed to provide best healthcare facilities to people: Dr. Mehboob Beg
- Governor reviews arrangements
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes in Baramulla
- Army organizes educational tour
- Complete macadamization of uptown roads in 2 months: Nasir to ERA
- Sagar takes stock of development works at Teetwal, Karnah
GK NEWS NETWORK
Ganderbal, May 31: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday reviewed the status of power sector in Ganderbal constituency at a meeting of the concerned officers here. An official spokesman said the More
- Srinagar City
Medicos, civil society press for blanket ban on tobacco, gutkha products in JK
Srinagar, May 31: Members of the civil society including students, social activists, media-persons and medicos on Thursday pressed for the blanket ban on the tobacco and gutkha products in the Jammu and More
'Heat wave to continue'
Jammu, May 31: The mercury today crossed 45 Degrees Celsius in Jammu and this is the second time in last ten years that the temperature crossed this mark in May. While the maximum temperature, according More