Governor reviews arrangements
Srinagar, May 31: Governor NN Vohra who is also the Chairman of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board Thursday chaired a meeting to review the progress of cutting and clearing the Yatra tracks along both Baltal and Pahalgam routes.
Among others the meeting was attended by Navin K. Choudhary, Chief Executive Officer, P. P. Singh, Additional CEO, KG. Bamba, General Manager (Works) and other concerned Board officers.
An official spokesman said the meeting expressed serious concern over the pace of progress because of the repeated interruptions due to frequent spells of rains and fresh snowfall in the upper reaches. “Under the Governor’s directions, a system has been set up for daily review of weather conditions in the next three days. Subject to good weather, the Governor and CEO shall undertake an aerial reconnaissance on the Yatra routes and also attempt landings at Panjtarni and the Holy Cave,” the spokesman said.
The Governor is chairing another meeting on Friday to review the progress of work at the Base Camps.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 1 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Omar visits his constituency, reviews power scenario
- Next stop Gurez: Omar
- Tangdhar, Karnah residents pin hope on Omar’s promises
- NYC volunteers’ strike continues
- Postal Dept to recruit 300 JK youth
- CRPF man gets 6 yrs RI
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes at Saddar Court
- Govt likely to withdraw PSA against ‘some youth’
- Lokpal functioning will render PDP leaderless: Dr. Kamal
- Geelani pays tributes to Wullar tragedy victims
- Some officers want to discredit Omar: Wani
- Govt committed to provide best healthcare facilities to people: Dr. Mehboob Beg
- Governor reviews arrangements
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes in Baramulla
- Army organizes educational tour
- Complete macadamization of uptown roads in 2 months: Nasir to ERA
- Sagar takes stock of development works at Teetwal, Karnah
GK NEWS NETWORK
Ganderbal, May 31: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday reviewed the status of power sector in Ganderbal constituency at a meeting of the concerned officers here. An official spokesman said the More
- Srinagar City
Medicos, civil society press for blanket ban on tobacco, gutkha products in JK
Srinagar, May 31: Members of the civil society including students, social activists, media-persons and medicos on Thursday pressed for the blanket ban on the tobacco and gutkha products in the Jammu and More
'Heat wave to continue'
Jammu, May 31: The mercury today crossed 45 Degrees Celsius in Jammu and this is the second time in last ten years that the temperature crossed this mark in May. While the maximum temperature, according More