Mega Lok Adalat concludes at Saddar Court
Srinagar, May 31: A mega Lok Adalat concluded at Saddar Court Complex here on Thursday.
A spokesman of Legal Services Authority Srinagar said that 1591 cases were settled and a compensation of Rs 2.5 crores was allotted to litigants in different cases.
The Adalat was held on the directions Acting Chief Justice Justice Verinder Singh under the supervision of administrative judge for Srinagar district, Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir, the spokesman said.
He said seven special benches were constituted to deal with the cases and the judges constituting the Lok Adalat benches heard the matters besides attending the regular cases in courts.
“As many as 2477 cases were listed before the Lok Adalat benches, out of which 1591 cases were amicably settled through mediation consultation and mutual understanding between the parties” the spokesman said. “In MACT cases a compensation of Rs 2.5 crore was allotted to the claimants.”
“In 30 offences Rs 562000 was realized on spot as fine which was deposited by the litigants on spot,” the spokesman said.
He said that 450 cases of date of Birth Certificates of Children of below poverty line and down trodden community identified by an NGO were decided on spot by the and the expenses were borne by the District Legal Services Authority.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 1 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Omar visits his constituency, reviews power scenario
- Next stop Gurez: Omar
- Tangdhar, Karnah residents pin hope on Omar’s promises
- NYC volunteers’ strike continues
- Postal Dept to recruit 300 JK youth
- CRPF man gets 6 yrs RI
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes at Saddar Court
- Govt likely to withdraw PSA against ‘some youth’
- Lokpal functioning will render PDP leaderless: Dr. Kamal
- Geelani pays tributes to Wullar tragedy victims
- Some officers want to discredit Omar: Wani
- Govt committed to provide best healthcare facilities to people: Dr. Mehboob Beg
- Governor reviews arrangements
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes in Baramulla
- Army organizes educational tour
- Complete macadamization of uptown roads in 2 months: Nasir to ERA
- Sagar takes stock of development works at Teetwal, Karnah
GK NEWS NETWORK
Ganderbal, May 31: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday reviewed the status of power sector in Ganderbal constituency at a meeting of the concerned officers here. An official spokesman said the More
- Srinagar City
Medicos, civil society press for blanket ban on tobacco, gutkha products in JK
Srinagar, May 31: Members of the civil society including students, social activists, media-persons and medicos on Thursday pressed for the blanket ban on the tobacco and gutkha products in the Jammu and More
'Heat wave to continue'
Jammu, May 31: The mercury today crossed 45 Degrees Celsius in Jammu and this is the second time in last ten years that the temperature crossed this mark in May. While the maximum temperature, according More