Next stop Gurez: Omar
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Srinagar, May 31: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah who took his ministers to a remote town near Line of Control (LoC) yesterday, has said the next month's cabinet meeting will be held at another LoC town of Gurez in Bandipora district.
"Next month a similar cabinet meeting will be held in Gurez," Omar said on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
The chief minister also announced that the cabinet meeting, held on the last Wednesdays of every month, would be held outside the two capital cities of the state.
"Last Wednesday of every month the cabinet will meet outside Srinagar (and) Jammu," he said.
Following the footsteps of his grandfather Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah, Omar yesterday chaired a Cabinet meeting at Tangdhar near the Line of Control in frontier Kupwara district as part of the efforts to reach out to the remotest corners of the state.
"Had a very productive visit to Karnah (Tangdhar). Time will tell if we are able to deliver the results of such cabinet meetings to the areas we visit," he said about his new endeavour.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 31 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 1 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Omar visits his constituency, reviews power scenario
- Next stop Gurez: Omar
- Tangdhar, Karnah residents pin hope on Omar’s promises
- NYC volunteers’ strike continues
- Postal Dept to recruit 300 JK youth
- CRPF man gets 6 yrs RI
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes at Saddar Court
- Govt likely to withdraw PSA against ‘some youth’
- Lokpal functioning will render PDP leaderless: Dr. Kamal
- Geelani pays tributes to Wullar tragedy victims
- Some officers want to discredit Omar: Wani
- Govt committed to provide best healthcare facilities to people: Dr. Mehboob Beg
- Governor reviews arrangements
- Mega Lok Adalat concludes in Baramulla
- Army organizes educational tour
- Complete macadamization of uptown roads in 2 months: Nasir to ERA
- Sagar takes stock of development works at Teetwal, Karnah
GK NEWS NETWORK
Ganderbal, May 31: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday reviewed the status of power sector in Ganderbal constituency at a meeting of the concerned officers here. An official spokesman said the More
- Srinagar City
Medicos, civil society press for blanket ban on tobacco, gutkha products in JK
Srinagar, May 31: Members of the civil society including students, social activists, media-persons and medicos on Thursday pressed for the blanket ban on the tobacco and gutkha products in the Jammu and More
'Heat wave to continue'
Jammu, May 31: The mercury today crossed 45 Degrees Celsius in Jammu and this is the second time in last ten years that the temperature crossed this mark in May. While the maximum temperature, according More