Geelani’s house arrest acknowledgement of defeat: Hurriyat (G)
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, June 12: Flaying the J&K government for placing its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani under house arrest during the ‘Martyrs Week’ being presently observed in memory of all the youth killed from 2008 to 2010 in the Valley, the Hurriyat Conference (G) Tuesday described it as “acknowledgment of defeat by the government.”
“People of Kashmir are very sensitive to their compatriots who sacrificed their lives for the national cause and they will never make any sell-out with their blood for material benefits,” said the Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar in a statement today.
The spokesman expressed satisfaction over ‘complete shutdown’ observed by the people on June 11, hoping that they would act upon other programmes given by the amalgam in connection with Martyrs Week. “People should have firm belief that the killers of our people would get the nemesis in this world only even if they enjoy the protection of government and are beyond the reach of justice,” he said.
The spokesman said notwithstanding the continued house arrest of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, the proposed seminar titled “Forget Not Our Blood” would be held on June 14, and special prayers would also be offered at Martyrs’ graveyard at Eidgah here on June 17, as per the scheduled programme.
He reiterated the appeal to imams of all Masajid to offer special prayers for all martyrs after every Farz Nimaz and throw detailed light on the philosophy and virtues of martyrdom.
The spokesman said placing Geelani’s under house arrest to prevent him from carrying out his political activities during ongoing Martyrs’ Week has “made it abundantly clear that the government could not confront the pro-freedom leadership at political level.” “It has, therefore, no option than to use force against the pro-freedom political leaders,” he said.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- People pinning hopes on PDP: Mufti Sayeed
- NC alone can ensure development of far-flung areas: Dr Kamaal
- PDP creation of BJP: Sadhotra
- Geelani’s house arrest acknowledgement of defeat: Hurriyat (G)
- HC directs Defence Secretary to compensate victim’s mother
- Teachers demand apology from Minister’s PRO
- People seek return of power projects from NHPC
- 20 Civil, Police officers to supervise camps
- Panchs, Sarpanchs starving: Mehbooba
- Man gets lifer for murdering ex-wife
- CIC asks officials to explain on reply
- DDC launches campaign to reach out people of Islamabad
- Secretariat Gherao today: EJAC
- Hurriyat (M) set-up riddled with feudal mindset: Inqilabi
- Gastroenteritis outbreak triggers panic in Baramulla
- Urdu translation of Kalam-i-Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) released at CUK
- Shahid Malik speaks to Mirwaiz over phone
Asks Workers To Pursue Party Agenda Aggressively
Srinagar, June 12: Peoples Democratic Party patron Mufti Muhammad Sayeed Tuesday asked the party workers to “aggressively pursue the party’s agenda because people of J&K have endorsed its policies More
- Srinagar City
World famed designer collections from neighboring country arrive for sale, cool summer looks
Srinagar, June 12: For a country, which often speaks of its relation with Kashmir –Pakistan –is again in news in the Valley. This time not for any political remark but style statement as some of the world More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, June 12: A Chief Engineer Public Health Engineering department (Mechanical wing), his personal assistant alongwith Managing Director and Deputy General Manager of a private company were arrested More