Man gets lifer for murdering ex-wife
Baramulla, June 12: A court on Tuesday convicted a man and awarded him life imprisonment for killing his ex- wife. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the convict.
The Principal Sessions judge Baramulla, Muhammad Shafi Khan, awarded lifer to Raj Piswal, a resident of Walan War Rafiabad for murdering his ex-wife, Sakina.
Piswal harboured vengeance against Sakeenaand and had allegedly killed her in a forest where she had gone to collect firewood in the year 2008.
The mother-in-law of the accused, which happens to be the lone witness to the incident had also suffered injuries at the time of gruesome murder.
The police had filed an FIR 14 of 2008 u/s 302 of RPC in police station Panzla and after carrying out investigation chargesheet was filed in the court.
The court after hearing the arguments of the additional public prosecutor, Ghulam Nabi Ahsan found the accused culpable of murder and awarded him life imprisonment.
“I am of the considered opinion that the case of the accused/convict is not the rarest of the rare case where the convict should forfeit his right to life because no case for awarding capital punishment is made out,” the Principal Sessions Judge held.
The Court, however, awarded life imprisonment to the accused and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000, and in case of default of the fine, the convict has to undergo a further imprisonment of three months.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- People pinning hopes on PDP: Mufti Sayeed
- NC alone can ensure development of far-flung areas: Dr Kamaal
- PDP creation of BJP: Sadhotra
- Geelani’s house arrest acknowledgement of defeat: Hurriyat (G)
- HC directs Defence Secretary to compensate victim’s mother
- Teachers demand apology from Minister’s PRO
- People seek return of power projects from NHPC
- 20 Civil, Police officers to supervise camps
- Panchs, Sarpanchs starving: Mehbooba
- Man gets lifer for murdering ex-wife
- CIC asks officials to explain on reply
- DDC launches campaign to reach out people of Islamabad
- Secretariat Gherao today: EJAC
- Hurriyat (M) set-up riddled with feudal mindset: Inqilabi
- Gastroenteritis outbreak triggers panic in Baramulla
- Urdu translation of Kalam-i-Sheikh-ul-Alam (RA) released at CUK
- Shahid Malik speaks to Mirwaiz over phone
Asks Workers To Pursue Party Agenda Aggressively
Srinagar, June 12: Peoples Democratic Party patron Mufti Muhammad Sayeed Tuesday asked the party workers to “aggressively pursue the party’s agenda because people of J&K have endorsed its policies More
- Srinagar City
World famed designer collections from neighboring country arrive for sale, cool summer looks
Srinagar, June 12: For a country, which often speaks of its relation with Kashmir –Pakistan –is again in news in the Valley. This time not for any political remark but style statement as some of the world More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, June 12: A Chief Engineer Public Health Engineering department (Mechanical wing), his personal assistant alongwith Managing Director and Deputy General Manager of a private company were arrested More