NC workers join Peoples’ Conference at Lolab
Srinagar, June 19: Hundreds of senior NC workers and activists from Lolab led by senior NC Kupwara district Executive Member, Muhammad Maqbool Hajam joined Peoples’ Conference in the presence of the party Chairman, Sajad Lone at an event held at Dak Bunglow, Kupwara on Monday, a PC spokesman said.
He said other senior NC workers and activists who joined Peoples’ Conference on this occasion included Abdul Sataar Ganai, Ghulam Mohiuddin Mir, Haji Muhammad Arif Hajam, Ghulam Ahmed Sheikh and Haji Ghulam Muhammad Mir of Lolab Constituency. Abdul Hamid Najar of PDP and Haji Sonaullah Khan of Congress also joined Peoples’ Conference on this occasion and pledged to be a part of the growing Caravan of Change.
Welcoming Hajam and all senior workers and activists who joined Peoples’ Conference, Sajad Lone stated that Kupwara district was witnessing an unprecedented reign of “corruption, nepotism and political favoritism and it is a tragic reality that the district Administration was hand in glove with the representatives of the ruling party in decimating against the people based on their political ideologies and choices.”
“All poverty alleviation schemes in Kupwara have been hijacked and manipulated by the ruling party to favor their chosen beneficiaries and kith and kin. The ruling party has virtually laid a siege on these poverty alleviation schemes. The definition of poor in Kupwara has been transformed into who voted for the ruling party and who didn’t,” Sajad said.
“The district administration, at all levels – be it Aganwari centers and workers or the matter of public works allotments – was functioning as a wing of the ruling party throughout the district. Most government departments in the district are submerged in unprecedented scams and wanton corruption. Kupwara has become a vast, unabashed sea of scams as the government is complicit as it lacks the courage and political will to dig up these scams and initiate investigations against the known culprits in the administration,” Sajad Lone alleged.
“Kupwara has been converted into a shocking story of political vendetta and the name of democracy in the district has been changed to coercion. People in Kupwara are being coerced to join a particular party out of fear of reprisals and persecution by the administration and not out of their will,” he claimed.
Lastupdate on : Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Wed, 20 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Army trains CISF in mob control
- ‘2 decomposed militant bodies found’
- Hajibal: Where villagers flee for ‘better life’
- Geelani for international probe into Chattisinghpora massacre
- Shutdown in Islamabad on Qazi Nisar’s death anniversary
- HR crunch hits BGSBU, courtesy ‘mismanagement’
- CS for well-organized capacity building of Panchayat representatives
- Resolve Kashmir: Dr Kamaal
- JKYJA condemns PCI delegates’ ‘discriminatory’ attitude
- Inquilabi pays tributes to late Mirwaiz Qazi Nisar
- CM lays foundation of KU’s Kargil campus
- KNP Birmingham announces merger with JKLF
- J&K to host 22nd Forensic Science Conference
- Sheikh Ghulam Rasool chairs DRSC, meet
- JKP celebrates raising day
- Geelani, Hassan, Asiya grieved at Wani’s demise
- Mirwaiz visits Arif’s residence
- Upgrade educational institutions: Hakeem Yaseen
- Civil Society for effective use of natural resources
- PUC stresses for timely completion of power projects
- Does Kashmir's 'residual militancy' still have fangs in uniform?
- NC workers join Peoples’ Conference at Lolab
- Punjab Sikh leaders meet separatists
SHABIR IBN YUSUF
Srinagar, June 19: The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) meant to guard the installations of “national importance” are being imparted mob control training by Army at their Battle school in south More
- Srinagar City
Flay New Delhi, Islamabad; Call for cross-LoC demilitarization
Srinagar, June 19: A day after experts talked about the possible solutions to Kashmir dispute and other related issues at an international level conference here, it was the turn of younger generation of More
GK NEWS NETWORK
JAMMU, JUNE 19: Reiterating resolve of his party to bring people of different regions and sub-regions of J&K together, patron of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mufti Muhammad Sayeed Tuesday asserted More
INDO ASIAN NEWS SERVICE
Washington, June 19: The US needs to make renewed attempts to help the jailed Pakistani doctor who led the US to Osama bin Laden, a Congressman has said. Republican Dana Rohrabacher from California More