CIC serves notice to former PIO of Financial Commissioner
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, June 20: The Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of Jammu & Kashmir G R Sufi on Wednesday served notice to the former Public Information Officer of Financial Commissioner (Revenue) asking him to explain why action should not be initiated against him for furnishing “irrelevant or incomplete, incorrect and misleading” information.
Malik Muhammad Mushtaq had filed an application under Right to Information Act -2009, in the office of Financial Commissioner Revenue seeking information about the conversion of agriculture land for non-agriculture purpose at Namlabal/Drangabal, Pampore.
The PIO of FC(R) passed an order on the application within stipulated time. However, the applicant filed the complaint in State Information Commission contending therein that the material, information provided is irrelevant or incomplete, incorrect and misleading.
Disposing of the complaint, the CIC today directed the then PIO/ Administrative Officer FC(R) Sanjay Gupta, to submit his explanation, if any, as to why penalty under Section 17 of the Act not be imposed on him .
“His reply must reach this commission within 30 days from the receipt of this order. Naseer Ahmad Wani, Adm. Officer/PIO FC (R) is directed to serve the copy of the order to the then PIO under an intimation to the Commission,” the order passed by CIC reads.
Observing that PIO has given incorrect, incomplete and wrong information to some of the queries asked by the complainant, the CIC said that reply to the query has not been in consonance with RTI rules.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 21 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Police prevent Geelani from attending grandson’s wedding
- M M Ansari calls on Governor
- Ignored by Govt, Hajibal axed of green gold
- Qazi Yasir detained
- AAC observes foundation day
- DSEK to hold Students Darbar
- Hundreds attend Wani’s Chahrum
- Aloha celebrates Iqbal Day at Pattan
- Hurriyat Conference (M) Gen Council to meet today
- Rajendra inaugurates auditorium at PHQ
- CIC serves notice to former PIO of Financial Commissioner
- Govt receives facsimile edition of Gilgit manuscripts
- Alam’s resignation brave step: Qayoom
- 15 candidates qualifydistrict judges’ examination
- Deputy CM reviews local body election preparedness
- 65 promotions in Police Telecommunication
- V-P Anand Bazar Patrika Group addresses MERC students
Srinagar, June 20: Police on Wednesday allegedly prevented the Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Shah Geelani from attending the marriage ceremony of his grandson, Inam-ul-Haq. Talking More
- Srinagar City
Party committed to develop city on international lines: Tanvir Sadiq
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, June 20: National Conference Wednesday said that “Srinagar is the heart and soul of the party” and it is “committed to its holistic development.” In a statement here, the NC spokesman Tanvir More
KISHTWAR, JUNE 20: Thousands of devotees from across the state today attended annual Urs Sharief of Hazrat Shah Farid-ud-Din Bagdadi (RA), here today. District administration, in collaboration with More
- South Asia
Islamabad, June 20: The opening up of cross Line of Control travel has come as biggest confidence building measure for retired justice of Pakistan administered Kashmir who was in Srinagar to meet his relatives More