College, school gutted in Bandipora
Kaloosa (Bandipora), June 28: Massive fire broke out at Mehboobul Aalam College here in north Kashmir on Thursday.
Witnesses told Greater Kashmir that fire erupted from the Higher Secondary side of the college building and quickly engulfed other buildings and adjacent Model School.
On seeing the smoke emanating, people from adjoining areas rushed to the spot and tried to douse the flames.
Fire-tenders from Bandipora, Sumbal and Ajas also reached the spot.
Officials said the fire “presumably occurred due to gas leak, while the actual cause is being ascertained.”
“Due to short circuit bushes of some trees along the wall caught fire but we managed to extinguish it in time,” they said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Approach PMO: Union Power Ministry tells JK Govt
- Debris removed from Dastageer Sahab (RA) shrine; fencing work apace
- Desist from conducting polemics: Geelani to Ulema
- Shrine fire attempt to disrupt tourist season: BJP
- Shrine blaze aftermath: People cancel, defer marriage ceremonies
- College, school gutted in Bandipora
- Healthcare hit as curfew cages lakhs in old city
- Shrine blaze: Sikh Coordination Committee expresses grief
- ‘JK to get 6 mobile forensic units at district level’
- Bla admn discuss protection of shrines
- AMK announces annual awards
- Preparing Action Plan to recreate Dastgeer Sahab (RA) shrine: Rather
- RTI Movement demands judicial probe
Taj Assured Class-IV Jobs For Uri youth; No Decision On Energy Share
Row Over Return Of Power Projects
Srinagar, June 28: Construed as a dallying tactics by the Jammu and Kashmir government, the Union Power Ministry is learnt to have ‘counseled’ it to take up the issue of return of power projects from the More
- Srinagar City
From upgradation of woodwork to electrification, all brings fear for safety of centuries old shrines, Masjids
Srinagar, June 28: The improper repair work at historic Masjids and shrines may not only vandalize their heritage but is feared to trigger fire at the revered landmarks in this City in the Himalayas where More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Bani (Kathua), June 28: Accusing Congress and National Conference of “betraying the people of Jammu and Kashmir”, Patron Peoples Democratic Party and former Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed Thursday More