Shrine fire attempt to disrupt tourist season: BJP
‘Govt probe unacceptable’
Srinagar, June 28: Terming the fire at Dastgeer Sahab (RA) shrine as “unfortunate and shocking”, the national spokesman of BJP Prakash Javadekar Thursday said the tragic act was “a conspiracy to disrupt tourist season in Kashmir”.
Talking to reporters during his visit to the shrine Javadekar said: “The government probe is unacceptable to people. There must be an impartial inquiry into the matter,” he said and added that the elements behind this unfortunate incident should be brought to book.
He was accompanied by the party’s General Secretary in Kashmir, Altaf Thakur.
Expressing grief over the tragic fire incident at the shrine, Javadekar appealed the people to maintain peace.
“Destruction of the 200-year-old heritage shrine of Dastgeer Sahab (RA) is an outrageous incident which has shocked everybody,” he said.
Javadekar said the Kashmir valley has attracted both foreign and local tourists in lakhs this season and the pilgrimage to the holy shrine of Amaranth has just begun.
“There is a need to look into every aspect while inquiring into the incident. The positive and peaceful atmosphere in the Valley and the state of Jammu and Kashmir has always been a matter of great concern to all of us. So elements behind such acts should be exposed,” he said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Approach PMO: Union Power Ministry tells JK Govt
- Debris removed from Dastageer Sahab (RA) shrine; fencing work apace
- Desist from conducting polemics: Geelani to Ulema
- Shrine fire attempt to disrupt tourist season: BJP
- Shrine blaze aftermath: People cancel, defer marriage ceremonies
- College, school gutted in Bandipora
- Healthcare hit as curfew cages lakhs in old city
- Shrine blaze: Sikh Coordination Committee expresses grief
- ‘JK to get 6 mobile forensic units at district level’
- Bla admn discuss protection of shrines
- AMK announces annual awards
- Preparing Action Plan to recreate Dastgeer Sahab (RA) shrine: Rather
- RTI Movement demands judicial probe
Taj Assured Class-IV Jobs For Uri youth; No Decision On Energy Share
Row Over Return Of Power Projects
Srinagar, June 28: Construed as a dallying tactics by the Jammu and Kashmir government, the Union Power Ministry is learnt to have ‘counseled’ it to take up the issue of return of power projects from the More
- Srinagar City
From upgradation of woodwork to electrification, all brings fear for safety of centuries old shrines, Masjids
Srinagar, June 28: The improper repair work at historic Masjids and shrines may not only vandalize their heritage but is feared to trigger fire at the revered landmarks in this City in the Himalayas where More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Bani (Kathua), June 28: Accusing Congress and National Conference of “betraying the people of Jammu and Kashmir”, Patron Peoples Democratic Party and former Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed Thursday More