Cricketers stage protest
JKCA Money Mess
Pulwama, Mar 15: Scores of cricketers took to the streets in this south Kashmir town on Thursday against the alleged embezzlement of funds in Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association.
Young boys wearing cricket uniforms appeared near Pulwama Chowk this afternoon and marched towards Deputy Commissioner’s Office. Protesters were carrying placards and were raising slogans against the JKCA President Dr Farooq Abdullah and officers involved in the scam.
“Although youth wanted to leave guns and grenades but the government is not sincere towards youth empowerment,” said Mehraj Ahmad.
Another angry protester said the misuse of money by JKCA was a visible proof of Government’s apathy towards youth.
Protesters alleged that the cricket grounds like Sheri Kashmir Cricket Stadium are in a mess. “The JKCA is least bothered to promote cricket as its officials are busy minting money and have become
agents of politicians,” they alleged.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Mar 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- 17 die every year for want of donors: Prof Qazi
- Cricketers stage protest
- Illegal constructions unabated on Pulwama water bodies, authorities in slumber
- Location of new mini bus cum sumo stand irks passengers
- Pulwama bus stand turns into garbage dumping site
- COURT AWARDS LIFER TO MAN, WOMAN
- Sacrifices won’t go waste: JKPL
- Rehmani for release of detainees
- Forest officers hail Mian Altaf
- Div Com discusses road widening project with officers
- Denying passport to 60000 families shameful: Hurriyat (G)
- Mirwaiz seeks intervention of global rights bodies
Dr Saleem Wani honored
WORLD KIDNEY DAY
MANZOOR-UL-HASSANSrinagar, Mar 15: Describing kidney donation as the best feeling of human relationship, Government Medical College Principal, Prof Qazi Masood Thursday said at least 17 persons die every More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, Mar 15: Three-day international conference on ‘Shah-e-Hamadan's (RA) contribution to learning and society’ organized by Shah-e-Hamadan Institute of Islamic studies Kashmir University concluded More
‘Have not breached privilege of House’
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Mar 15: Stating that the ruling National Conference was trying to misuse the sacred institution of the Legislature to intimidate opposition and to muzzle its voice, PDP president and legislature More