TLSC Srinagar organizes seminar
Srinagar: Mar 8: Tehsil Legal Service Committee (TLSC), Srinagar under the patronage and active support of District Legal Service Authority, Srinagar organized a seminar at District Court Complex, Srinagar on 'Women Rights: Issues and Challenges' to commemorate the 'International Women's Day' today.
The programme was chaired by Tehsil Legal Service Committee, Srinagar, Rajiv Gupta, Chief Judicial Magistrate.
Participants in the programme included Judicial Officers, Advocates, Officials of Social Welfare Department, Activists of some NGOs, Paralegal Volunteers, Anganwadi and Asha Workers working in District Srinagar.
Speakers included Masarat Shaheen, Special Magistrate (Electricity), Ms Tabasum, 3rd Additional Munsiff, Dr Gazala Tabasum, Health Officer, Sofia Mudasir, Sofia Muzamil, Advocates, Mubid Rada and Amina Iqbal, Social Counselors, Social Welfare Board.
They spoke on wide range of topics touching the Social and Legal Issues of women community.
The participants, according to a statement, cleared their doubts and queries on various women rights related issues.
Chairman TLSC, Srinagar summed up the discussions and assured the gathering that every possible effort shall be made by the TLSC, Srinagar to help NGOs and Paralegal Volunteers to empower the women community to uphold their legal and social rights.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Mar 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 8 Mar 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 9 Mar 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Bandipora roads in shambles
- Ganderbal village alleges govt indifference on developmental front
- Manigam residents appeal CM
- Gagangeer without facilities, tourists aghast
- Poor results in Paramedical courses draws flak
- People protest issuing PRC to non-residents in B’la
- TLSC Srinagar organizes seminar
- Kashmiri women sufferring: Malik
- Activists stage silent protest
- 'Women should utilize their legal rights'
- Treat women at par with males: DPN
- ReT aspirant alleges delay in selection
- Army clarifies on admission process in APS Srinagar
- CM condoles Tahir Rafiquee’s demise
- Elderly person ‘murdered’ in Damhal Hanjipora
Usman demands immediate repair, accuses MLA of neglecting township
Bandipora, Mar 8: Notwithstanding the tall claims of the state government to provide basic infrastructure and road connectivity, the roads in this north Kashmir district are in a dilapidated condition More
- Srinagar City
POLICE FINES OFFENDERS, BUSINESS HOUSES OFFER SUPPORT FOR AWARENESS
ON INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
GK CITY REPORTERSrinagar, Mar 8: On International Women’s Day Thursday, the men-in-blue and their colleagues in Khaki jointly carried out a special drive aimed at enforcement of reservation of eight seats More
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Mar 8: The Independent MLA, Er Rashid, on Thursday said the peace in Kashmir valley has been enforced with police lathis, atrocities and with the slapping of Public Safety Act (PSA) on hundreds More