HC stays transfer of CRPF commandant
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 9: The High Court has stayed the transfer order of a CRPF commandant and has directed the respondents to allow him to continue at the place where he was posted before his promotion.
Parma Shivan was promoted and transferred to Chattisgarh as commandant of 195 battalion of CRPF.
A bench of Jammu and Kashmir High Court passed the direction after counsel for the petitioner, Bashir Ahmad Bashir submitted that the petitioner has already served at places like Manipur, Tripura , Rajsthan, UP and JK and Chattisgarh.
“He was already posted twice at Chattisgarh and under rules an official who serves a hard posting has to be given the next posting on choice of preference which has mentioned of five places in MP, Delhi and JK” the counsel argued.
The counsel argued that the compelling circumstances of the petitioner are that his wife is suffering from a serious ailment and is under specialized treatment at SKIMS, the facility which is not available to her at Chattisgarh, where his proposed place of posting is 500 kms away from the capital city, Raipour.
“Three deputy commandants who were promoted as commandants were retained in their own battalions as commandants while the request of the petitioner was rejected” the counsel argued.
He pleaded that though the outgoing commandant of 35 bn and the special Director General had strongly recomanded his retention, the petitioner was transferred to Chattisgarh.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 9 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 9 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 10 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Allow Hurriyat to hold public meeting at Lal Chowk: Geelani dares Omar
- NAZIR MASOODI BEREAVED
- DM asks Police, Army to sanitize encounter sites in Mawar belt
- Mortar shell diffused in Budgam
- Porter steps over landmine, injured
- Cabinet meeting today
- Altaf directs for immediate desilting of Wullar Lake
- Exert pressure on New Delhi to resolve K-issue: JKLF (R) to US
- Jora reviews SPS Museum’s interior designing
- We don’t need certificates: Lone, Bhat
- HC asks Govt to see relevance of professional degrees
- Omar questions reasonability of employees protest
- HCC workers go on indefinite strike
- HC stays transfer of CRPF commandant
- Seminar on Tagore`s 150 birth anniversary held at KU
- Sarva Shiksha Abiyan 'fails' in Baramulla
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 9: A day after the chief minister Omar Abdullah expressed his readiness to face separatists in elections the Hurriyat Conference (G) chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani dared him (Omar) to allow More
- Srinagar City
Link across Jhelum, feared to be disastrous for Missionary school at Raj Bagh
M HYDERISrinagar, May 8: As if this historic City is about guinea pigs that in a bid to streamline traffic, the government is "testing" something, which generally is unheard of by starting construction More
AMARNATH YATRA 2012
Jammu, May 9: The Union Government has approved deployment of additional 74 companies of paramilitary forces for the smooth conduct of upcoming Amarnath Yatra in the state. These companies of security More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Washington, May 9: Making its first significant foray into Indian market, Kelley School of Business of Indiana University has introduced year-long certificate programmes in business analytics and global More