NC pays tributes to Mirwaiz Moulana Farooq, Lone
Srinagar,May 20: National Conference (NC) has paid glowing tributes to late Mirwaiz Moulana Muhammad Farooq and Abdul Gani Lone on their death anniversaries on Monday.
In a statement issued by NC spokesman, the party president, Dr Farooq Abdullah, and working President Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said that the contribution of both the leaders will be always remembered with reverence for all times to come.
They said that Mirwaiz Muhammad Farooq played a crucial role in promoting the fundamentals of Islam. He said various Islamic and political leaders have been educated by the School run by the late Mirwaiz.
“Untimely death of Mirwaiz Farooq was a great loss to the State. He always played an important role in bridging the gap between the neighboring countries,” they said.
Dr Abdullah said that the agreement between the two historical parties of Kashmir helped in maintaining peace and harmony in Kashmir especially in the old city.
While paying glowing tributes to Abdul Gani Lone, Dr Farooq Abdullah and Omar Abdullah said that he was a very learned legislator, an important leader and also a great social worker who always raised his voice for poor and weaker sections of the society.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 20 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 20 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 21 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- State Cong trying to portray Omar as murderer of infants: Kamaal
- Chairman BOSE disowns threat statement
- Self rule will liberate state from siege: Mufti
- Azad opposes transfer of Centaur Hotel to Govt
- Chadoora farmers demand desilting of Marvel irrigation canal
- NC pays tributes to Mirwaiz Moulana Farooq, Lone
- US embassy denies visa to Kashmiri scholar
- Expel Prof Bhat, demand Hurriyat (M) leaders
- Youth clash with police to protest Mirwaiz's house arrest
- Seminar runs into rough weather
- Prakash urges Cong workers to serve people
- NOW CHARGE YOUR CELL PHONE BY BODY HEAT!
- ANTI-CANNABIS DRIVE LAUNCHED IN PANDRETHAN
- Education Deptt fails to achieve targets in Baramulla
- LFB organises conference on Prof Nazki
- Pulwama village sans power
- ‘Army Major had approached police’
‘Azad can’t break the Govt as Centre is with us’
Srinagar, May 20: A day after Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad termed the tragic death of infants in Valley’s sole maternity hospital, G B Pant, as “shameful” and blamed State Government for More
- Srinagar City
Srinagar, May 20: For the past over two years, upper Soura – Ahmednagar road is in dilapidated condition causing much of inconvenience to the residents. “For two years now we are moving from pillar More
Jammu, May 20: Normal life in Jammu and its outskirts was paralysed as a dust storm hit the city on Sunday evening. "There was a dust storm and dazzle in the capital with winds travelling at a velocity More
- South Asia
Islamabad, May 20: Pakistan Sunday blocked micro-blogging website Twitter after it failed to take action on the publication of blasphemous content. The Nation daily said the Pakistan Telecommunication More
Rome, May 20: Panicked people rushed into the streets when a powerful earthquake struck northern Italy early today, killing three people and injuring at least two others, rescuers said.  More
- Education and Career
University Of Oxford Announces Rhodes ScholarshipThe University of Oxford announces Rhodes scholarship for Indian nationals. The Scholarship is initially for a period of two years but if necessary can More