Rajendra finalizes arrangements for Volleyball tournament
Srinagar, MAy 24: ADGP, Armed/L&O, K. Rajendra Kumar toady chaired a meeting of Kashmir based COs of Armed/IR Battalions at APHQ here to finalize the arrangements for B-Division League Series Youth Development Volleyball Tournament scheduled to be held from 25 to 30 May.
The tournament is being held under Civic Action Programme of J&K Police and will be organized in Kupwara, Zewan, Humhama, Pattan, Baramulla, Anantnag, Naidkhai, Shopian and Pulwama.
Commandants of AP/IR Battalions located at the aforesaid venues have been nominated as Nodal Officers for conducting tournament and to select two top qualifying teams from each of the venues for participation in A-Division Super League Series Youth Volleyball Tournament scheduled to be held from June 04 to 13 June.
While addressing the meeting, Rajendra made it clear to the Nodal and Executing Officers that the objective of conducting the tournaments is to promote the sports culture among the youth of the State especially the children from far-flung areas. He stressed for creating congenial atmosphere for smooth conduct of the tournaments and to achieve the objective.
The Addl. DGP also paid glowing tributes to the legendry footballer Farooq Ahmad Bhat, who passed away recently and expressed his heartfelt condolence to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 24 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 24 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM SPORTS
- Dejected Tanveer to cover 100-kilometer protest run
- GK Lions beat GK Warriors by 6 wickets
- Rajendra finalizes arrangements for Volleyball tournament
- GHS Athoora organises road race
- Kashmir Premier League Budgam on
- Inter-district event concludes
- Akbar makes hat-trick of victories
- IUST organises Women’s badminton tournament
- 7th Yousuf Memorial Cricket Tourney from next month
- Sunjwan Cricket Club Jammu trounces Raj Cricket Club Rajasthan
- 'Badrinath, Hussey lay platform for Dhoni to attack'
- SEAM OPTIONS LEAVE STRAUSS IN ENVIABLE POSITION
- Lanka name squads for Pakistan series
- Delhi hoping to come hard at Chennai in do-or-die battle
- Nadal clouds Djokovic's bid to match Laver
‘High Court Was The Target’
Abandoned Chanapora IED
SHABIR IBN YUSUF
Srinagar, May 24: Police Thursday said the explosive recovered from an abandoned vehicle at Chanapora Bridge last week (May 18) was about to be used to target Jammu and Kashmir High Court. They said they More
- Srinagar City
Old Man’s Struggle Touches Station Owner’s Heart
Srinagar, May 24: At a time when overnight record hike in petrol must have profited thousands of filling stations across the country, this one in Kashmir near old City, the Shaher-e-Khaas, did something More
Jammu, May 24: Normal work in most of the government and Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) offices remained paralysed across Jammu region on first day of three day employees ‘Kaam Chhoro Hartal’ today, More
London, May 24: Ignoring email messages altogether could have a positive effect on your heart as it will help reduce stress, a study suggests. Scientists who attached heart rate monitors to office More
- Education and Career
New Delhi, May 24: Girl students outperformed boys in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 10 examinations, the results of which were released Thursday. Girls recorded a pass percentage More