Samoon lauds Business School for developing collaborations
Interacts with students
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 25: Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir, Dr Asgar Hassan Samoon interacted with the faculty and students of Syracuse University USA, and Business School, University of Kashmir on Thursday.
Dr. Samoon highlighted the role of administration in ensuring all round development of the society.
He said: “The bureaucracy needs to be more vibrant and sensitive to the problems of the society.”
He said that education is a great liberator and “youth are our future.” He advised the students to be more proactive and positive in their approach and thinking and try to be part of development story of the nation.
Samoon lauded the efforts of the Business School in developing collaborations with reputed institutions around the globe and contributing directly to the society by providing it efficient talented and dynamic leaders.
Prof. A. M. Shah, Dean Academic Affairs, University of Kashmir while speaking on the occasion said that in order to develop prosper societies “we need to invest in education and youth.”
He advised the students to avail opportunities provided to them to enhance their career prospectus.
Prof. Shabir A Bhat, Director Business School while welcoming the Chief Guest said that the world is fast shrinking and moving toward a global economy and “we need to prepare for it.”
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 25 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 26 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM BUSINESS
- Saheb International becomes attraction for customers
- Moily assures development of corporate sector in JK
- Fisheries Deptt to release coloured fish varieties soon
- Samoon lauds Business School for developing collaborations
- Jora for taking adventure sports to school, college levels
- SHG engineers against enhancing retirement age
- Consumers complain LPG shortage
- APD law enforcement agency gears up
- AKTO hails Farooq Shah’s contribution to tourism
- JK Bank opens ATM at High Court Complex
- Inaugurates B/U, ATM in Kathua
- Straight Talk
Dismisses Convict’s Appeal
D A RASHID
Srinagar, May 25: The High Court on Friday dismissed an appeal of an accused who was convicted by the trial court for abducting and raping a minor. The court, however, reduced the punishment awarded by More
- Srinagar City
SDA solicits Aam Aadmi’s suggestions on land-use discrepancies
Srinagar, May 25: Concerned about City’s infrastructural demands or discrepancies in land use? Well, this is the opportune time for you to strike the chord because the government plans to take onboard More
Thathri (Kishtwar), May 25: Underlining the huge development deficit faced by Chenab Valley region, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Muhammad Sayeed on said the present coalition had only More
London, May 25: Women with breast cancer constantly live with the fear that even after undergoing surgery to remove the tumour, the cancer could return. So, they are usually advised to undergo six months More
- Education and Career
* COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP, NEW ZEALAND-2012 Applications are invited from resident Indian nationals for Commonwealth Scholarship for higher studies, research leading to Ph.D /Masters/Post More