24 RR organises cross-country run
Kangan, May 6: The 24 Rashtriya Rifles under the aegis of HQ 3 Sector Rashtriya Rifles organised cross-country “run for fun” for local youth and students for an age group of 14 to 20 yrs of Dist Ganderbal on Saturday.
In the event around 300 students from all the villages of Kangan tehsil, Ganderbal district participated with great zeal and enthusiasm.
The competition was aimed at promoting sportsmanship and channelizing the energy of the youth in a positive direction.
On the occasion, CO 24 RR complimented the youth for the interest and raw talent exhibited during the competition.
Master Nissar Ah Dar of village Arahama (Tehsil Kangan) emerged as winner. Cash prizes of Rs 3000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 1,000 were awarded to first three positions respectively.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 6 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 6 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 7 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM SPORTS
- Sheikh-ul-Aalam Cricket Tournament concludes
- BPL T20 cricket tourney begins
- Shabir wins district cycling championship
- ISC to celebrate silver jubilee today
- 24 RR organises cross-country run
- SP school organises cross-country run
- Sehwag doesn't spoon-feed me: Morkel
- Somerset not to sue Gayle over contract snub
- Test cricket hasn't changed me: Warner
- We got bit carried away: David Hussey
- Windies bowlers can handle England: Gibson
- Messi hits 50 in La Liga as Pep says adios to fans
- My achievement is unbelievable, says Mourinho
‘All Weather Connectivity To Ladakh Region Uphill Task’
SHABIR IBN YUSUF
Srinagar, May 6: Chief Engineer Beacon, Brigadier TPS Rawat on Sunday said the foundation stone for 6.5 kilometer long Z- Morh tunnel on Srinagar –Leh highway would be laid in September this year and it More
- Srinagar City
GOVT DEDICATES INCOMPLETE FACILITIES TO PUBLIC
Srinagar, May 6: Gone are the days when public facilities like government buildings and bridges would be inaugurated after completion of projects. Since last year, these ribbon cutting ceremonies in Srinagar More
Jammu, May 6: Not learning a lesson or two from fire tragedies taking place across the world, the Jammu and Kashmir government has failed to enact Fire Force Act – the law that makes it mandatory More
- South Asia
Dhaka, May 6: India today announced that it will write off USD 200 million of the USD one billion Line of Credit (LC) offered to Bangladesh, and promised to implement all bilateral agreements, including More
Paris, May 6: The French turned out today for a vote tipped to make Nicolas Sarkozy the latest European leader ousted by economic crisis and Francois Hollande the country's first Socialist president in More