Seerat conference held at AS college
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 6: The Debating and Cultural Activities Committee of Amar Singh college organized an Inter College Seerat conference at Bukhari Hall.
The Conference was chaired by the Maulana Noor Ahmad Trali and Dr Syed-ur-Rehman Shamas was the guest of honour on the occasion.
Students from 25 colleges of the Valley participated in the conference and the participants spoke on different aspects of the Seerat.
The Jury on the occasion comprised Dr Yaseen Ahmad, Dr GN Khaki and Dr Muzaffar Nadvi.
Asma Zahoor of Government College for Women, MA Road, Srinagar bagged first prize, While Abdul Bari of GDC (Boys) Baramulla and Auqib Ahmad of GDC (Boys) Anantnag secured 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
Yasmeen Jan of GDC (Boys), Pulwama and Mursaleen Ashraf of Government Women College, Srinagar bagged 1st and 2nd consolation prizes.
The Principal of the host college Prof. Zahoor Ahmad Chatt impressed to upon the participants to put the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) in practice for overall development of their personality and character and thereby of the society at large.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 6 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 6 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 7 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Z-Morh tunnel to be completed in 3-yrs: TPS Rawat
- Opportunity for Mass Comm pass outs
- Strong Indo-Pak ties must for peace: JI
- Chest Diseases Hospital in mess
- '129 army personnel found guilty in right violation cases'
- Police playing bigger role: DGP
- Mian Altaf visits far flung areas
- 1.2 lakh vehicles registered in Valley since 2007
- Morning shift in Valley schools draws flak
- Seerat conference held at AS college
- Defunct filtration plants pose threat to Valleyities
- Close Illegal Plywood Factories: Gopalpora residents
- KU observes World Health Day
- CTA SUPPORTS JCC STRIKE CALL
- EJAC (Q) GEARS UP FOR SECRETARIAT GHERAO
- IUST inks pact with Aegis Global Academy
‘All Weather Connectivity To Ladakh Region Uphill Task’
SHABIR IBN YUSUF
Srinagar, May 6: Chief Engineer Beacon, Brigadier TPS Rawat on Sunday said the foundation stone for 6.5 kilometer long Z- Morh tunnel on Srinagar –Leh highway would be laid in September this year and it More
- Srinagar City
GOVT DEDICATES INCOMPLETE FACILITIES TO PUBLIC
Srinagar, May 6: Gone are the days when public facilities like government buildings and bridges would be inaugurated after completion of projects. Since last year, these ribbon cutting ceremonies in Srinagar More
Jammu, May 6: Not learning a lesson or two from fire tragedies taking place across the world, the Jammu and Kashmir government has failed to enact Fire Force Act – the law that makes it mandatory More
- South Asia
Dhaka, May 6: India today announced that it will write off USD 200 million of the USD one billion Line of Credit (LC) offered to Bangladesh, and promised to implement all bilateral agreements, including More
Paris, May 6: The French turned out today for a vote tipped to make Nicolas Sarkozy the latest European leader ousted by economic crisis and Francois Hollande the country's first Socialist president in More