Prof Kaul gets FRCP fellowship
Srinagar: Prof (Dr) Parvaiz Ahmad Kaul, Head Internal and Pulmonary Medicine, Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) has been conferred fellowship by the Faculty of Royal College of Physician, London for his outstanding performance and the service rendered by him in the field of Internal and Pulmonary Medicine.
Dr Showkat Zargar, Director SKIMS and Ex-officio Secretary to Government has felicitated Prof Kaul for the achievement.
Prof Kaul, who did his MBBS from Government Medical College, Srinagar and MD (Medicine) from SKIMS, completed fellowship in pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine from Northshore Long Island Jewish Hospital System in New York.
Dr Kaul is a fellow of the American College of Physician and American College of Chest Physicians besides his association with number of national and international bodies. He has been conferred with many awards including the Pfizer Human Initiative 2004 Award.
He has more than 100 publications including books and journals to his credit. Dr Kaul played a key role in the establishment of state-of-art influenza lab in SKIMS that has been rendering testing facilities to all the other institutions of the state. He also heads recently established Clinical Research Department of the institute.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 7 May 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 7 May 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 8 May 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Uprising in Hurriyat (M)
- Dar ousts Prof Bhat from MC
- Geelani arrested, released
- Prof Kaul gets FRCP fellowship
- Judicial infrastructure to be upgraded in JK: Sagar
- KU to link with public libraries at district level
- Sheikh Ghulam Rasool donates Rs 50 lakh
- Programme hit by shortage of food grains, delay in fund release: Report
- Non-availability of text books worries students
- Sham asks doctors to work with dedication
- Sessions Court reserves order on Revision Petition filed by Govt
- Omar lays foundation of Vethapora Bridge
- PHQ resumes functioning in Srinagar
- NC for reopening of Simthan- Kishtwar Road
- Er Rashid questions professional capabilities of forces
- Wathoora residents protest against PHE deptt
General Council Hits Out At Executive Council
Srinagar, May 7: Bringing to surface the cracks in the Hurriyat Conference (M), various constituents of the conglomerate Monday came out openly against Muslim Conference chief Prof Abdul Gani Bhat for More
- Srinagar City
Keep Rs 500 handy, inform SMC or face music
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, May 7: The next-time you plan to host a big feast for celebrating marriage or some other gala event, donít fail to inform the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) or else you could be fined. & More
Jammu: In order to address public grievances, Government has established Summer Secretariat at Jammu as per past practice. To start with, the Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand formally kick-started More
- South Asia
Lahore, May 7: Underlining that enhanced trade will create "increased space", Foreiogn Minister Hina Rabbani Khar today called on India to show "flexibility" and meet Pakistan "half way" in normalising More
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Moscow, May 7: Vladimir Putin was today sworn in as Russian President for a record third term and vowed to protect rights and freedoms, even as demonstrations marked his second coming to the Kremlin that More