Lone’s brother- in- law joins PDP
Naidkhi (Bandipora), Nov 15: Abdul Rehman Bhat, 87, brother- in- law of Assembly Speaker, Muhammad Akbar Lone, joined Peoples Democratic Party here in north Kashmir on Thursday.
Bhat is senior and most influential political activist of the Sonawari area.
Bhat was appointed as tehsil president during Ghulam Muhammad Bakshi’s régime. He along with Lone joined National Conference in 1987.
Bhat is considered to be long time political mentor of Lone.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Rafiabad sans tourism infrastructure
- JK Sports Council wakes up to ‘DOB fudging’
- SHRC summon SSP Srinagar
- Government presiding over institutional dissipation: Mufti
- Government has turned JK into jail: Baig
- Lone’s brother- in- law joins PDP
- Peoples Conference challenges de-recognition
- Hurriyat (G), ML flay Govt for not presenting Masarat in court
- KU students launch signature campaign to seek Rafiq’s release
- AJKPC reiterates boycott call for LC seats
- Students are pillars to mould society: V-C KU
Rafiabad: Government’s much hyped project to promote tourism in various scenic places here has turned into a damp squib in absence of basic infrastructure and facilities for the tourists. Owing More
- Srinagar City
Building ill-equipped, Central Heating System not installed
Srinagar, Nov 15: The Sarai (resting place) at SMHS Hospital, which was inaugurated last month by the Minister for Medical Education, R S Chib amid fanfare, has not been made functional yet. “The More
Jammu, Nov 15: Minister for Forests and Environment Mian Altaf Ahmad Thursday called for effective implementation of the Wullar Lake conservation project. He stressed the need for ensuring cent percent More
Muzaffarabad, Nov 15: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan on Thursday said that military might could not resolve any problems and India should therefore find a peaceful settlement to the More
K J M VARMA
Beijing, Nov 15: Xi Jinping was today crowned the new head of the ruling CPC and the powerful military in a smooth transition to steer the world's second largest economy over the next decade, ending the More