Curfew lifted from Zanskar; Eid-ul- Zuha celebrated with fervor
G N ZEYA
Kargil, Oct 27: Eid-ul-Zuha was celebrated with religious fervor and enthusiasm in Kargil, Drass, Panikhar and Zanskar areas on Saturday.
Authorities lifted the curfew from Zanskar area fully as situation returned to normal. Eid prayers also passed off peacefully.
Tension had prevailed in the Zanskar town for the past few days due to the conversion controversy. The biggest Eid congregations were held in Kargil city in Eidgah, Islamia school and Jamia Masjid. People prayed for peace , unity and integrity and urged the government to take action against the culprits involved in flaring communal tension in Zanskar areas.
After 15 years two groups of Ahal-e-Sunnat got together at Drass Eidgah and offered Eid prayers together.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 27 Oct 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 27 Oct 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Oct 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Kashmir celebrates Eid-ul-Azha
- Separatists remain under house arrest
- Omar offers Eid prayers at Hazratbal
- Curfew lifted from Zanskar; Eid-ul- Zuha celebrated with fervor
- Jammu celebrates Eid-ul-Azha
- Krishna recalls personal chemistry with Hina
- Army's Infantry Day celebrated
- Major union cabinet reshuffle today
- 4 die, 11 injured in road accidents
- Eid Holidays