Separatists remain under house arrest
Srinagar, oct 27: Authorities on Saturday prevented top separatist leaders from offering Eid congregation prayers by placing them under house arrest.
Police had placed the chairmen of both Hurriyat factions Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, JKLF Chief Muhammad Yasin Malik, National Front Chairman Nayeem Khan, DFP President Shabir Ahmed Shah, JKLF (H) Chairman Javed Mir and others under house arrest on Friday.
However, the second rung separatist leaders addressed Eid congregations at various places across the Valley.
Pertinently, Hurriyat (G) chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani had called for token protests after Eid prayers against the landing of Army in Kashmir on this day in 1947.
Lastupdate on : Sat, 27 Oct 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 27 Oct 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Oct 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Kashmir celebrates Eid-ul-Azha
- Separatists remain under house arrest
- Omar offers Eid prayers at Hazratbal
- Curfew lifted from Zanskar; Eid-ul- Zuha celebrated with fervor
- Jammu celebrates Eid-ul-Azha
- Krishna recalls personal chemistry with Hina
- Army's Infantry Day celebrated
- Major union cabinet reshuffle today
- 4 die, 11 injured in road accidents
- Eid Holidays