Earthquake jolts Kashmir, no casualties
Srinagar, Oct 28: An earthquake of moderate intensity today shook Kashmir Valley sparking panic among residents but there were no reports of any damage or casualties.
The quake, measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale, struck at 1741 hours and lasted nearly 10 seconds, officials said. Terrified residents rushed out of their houses but there were no reports of any damage to property or casualties, they said.
The epicentre of the tremor was in Hindukush region of Afghanistan.
On October 8, 2005, a devastating earthquake flattened vast swathes of Pakistan administered Kashmir and many hamlets in the Valley along the LoC, killing thousands of people.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- PM deals new ministerial pack
- Cabinet combination of youth, experience: PM
- Earthquake jolts Kashmir, no casualties
- Jora, Nasir, DGP visit Zanskar
- Mehbooba, Dilawar to visit Zanskar today
- Politicians take off amid Eid celebrations
- 1 dies, 14 Injured in road accidents
- 3 killed, 25 injured in Pak blast
- Body recovered in Bandipora
- Eid Holidays
- Munshis Bereaved