Rs 62 cr disbursed to promote entrepreneurship
GK NEWS NETWORK
Kulgam, Aug 31: Financial institutions have disbursed Rs 62.04 crore to different entrepreneurs for setting up their income generating units in Kulgam during the first quarter of the current fiscal, benefiting nearly 4,000 unemployed youth of the district.
The information, according to an official statement, was revealed at a meeting of District Level Review Committee (DLRC) meeting, held here under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner Mir Jahangir.
It was given out that an amount of Rs.54.81 crore was invested in priority sectors including Agricultural, Small Enterprises, etc. As many as 3,623 prospective entrepreneurs stand benefited with the amount.
In non-priority sectors Rs 7.23 crore in the shape of capital has been invested to provide handholding support to 345 entrepreneurs during the period, the meeting was told.
The meeting which was attended by bankers and sectoral heads stressed the need to bring more and more deserving and technical youth within the ambit of potential self- employment schemes operating in the state to tide over the unemployment crisis.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 1 Sep 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM BUSINESS
- Rs 62 cr disbursed to promote entrepreneurship
- Agri growth slows to 2.9 pc in Q1
- Farmers seek restoration of Kissan Melas
- Nasir Aslam Wani hails Hat Trick Foods
- 8 JK Bank officers retire
- Ajaz inaugurates fisheries’ aquarium, awareness centre
- IATO convention inaugurated
- GST one of biggest taxation reforms in India: Experts
- Kashmir Motors MS organises river cruise
- DG A&T given warm send off
- Er Rashid hails NACC
- SBI manager holds meet
Sensitive Assignment Gives Tough Time To DSP Raja Nighat Aman
Srinagar, Aug 31: Bollywood’s uncrowned king Shah Rukh Khan could be playing a daredevil army officer in his upcoming venture for the Yash Raj Films, but in real life a woman official of Jammu and Kashmir More
- 2 arrested for fake appointments in Baramulla Agriculture Department
- Effective monitoring must for better traffic management: DGP
- Once again, police prevent Geelani from offering Friday prayers
- Former interlocutors meet delegations of political parties, civil society
- New Delhi throws reports into dustbin: Hakim Yasin
- Srinagar City
Suspends 4 doctors, nurse
Srinagar, Aug 31: Four doctors and a staff nurse were placed under suspension last night by authorities for being allegedly absent from duty during nocturnal inspection of some government run hospitals More
Jammu, Aug 31: Reviewing the progress on computerization of land records in Jammu division, Chief Secretary Madhav Lal Friday emphasized the need of developing state’s expertise in IT applications to extend More