Sajjad Lone calls on Governor
Srinagar, Sep 5: Separatist-turned-mainstream politician Sajjad Gani Lone, who is the chairman of J&K Peoples Conference, called on Governor NN Vohra, at Raj Bhavan here Wednesday.
“During their meeting, Lone discussed with the Governor various matters pertaining to the rapid economic development of the State,” an official handout said.
In the 2009 parliamentary polls Sajjad stood as an independent candidate in Baramulla-Kupwara constituency, becoming the first separatist leader to stand in a general election in Jammu and Kashmir in 20 years. He was defeated by the National Conference candidate Sharifuddin Shariq.
Lastupdate on : Wed, 5 Sep 2012 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 6 Sep 2012 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Under fire, Waqf Board admits irregularities
- Hurriyat (M) delegation to visit Pak next month
- Militant, soldier killed in Tanghdar gunfight
- Detention of minors unjustified: Tarigami
- Shahrukh Khan arrives in Srinagar
- Government in dilemma over Municipal polls
- 38 officers inducted into KAS
- High Court slams Commercial Taxes Department
- Sajjad Lone calls on Governor
- Peaks opens MGP outlet at Leh
'DNA Tests Would Create Law And Order Problem'
Srinagar, Sep 5: The state Government has rejected wide-scale DNA testing of bodies in thousands of unmarked graves despite pleas by the families of those who disappeared during two decades of fighting More
- Srinagar City
Hashim Quereshi’s book released
Srinagar, Sep 5: Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Liberation Party Chairman, Hashim Quereshi on Wednesday said people of Kashmir have always stood for struggle but that problem was at the leadership More
Pulwama, Sep 5: The inhabitants of Pulwama have complained that the dilapidated condition of Pulwama-Pakherpora road is causing immense hardships to the commuters and pedestrians. According More