Wild animals on prowl in Kreeri
Kreeri (Baramulla), Feb 7: Residents of this north Kashmir area are living under constant fear as wild animals are on prowl.
Residents of Waripora, Frashar, Dolipora and other adjoining areas told Greater Kashmir that the wild animals, including leopard are seen wandering during the day.
Residents accused the Wildlife department of being non-serious about the matter. “A leopard has attacked dozen horses in Waripora Payeen during past one week, but the Wildlife department seems to be in slumber," said Riyaz Ahmad. “These wild animals have attacked and killed many domestic animals in the recent past,” he added.
Pertinently, a 10 year old child was killed at Doulatpora Kreeri a few days ago by a wild leopard. “People of the area are living under constant fear and have restricted their movements in morning and evenings. Parents don’t allow their children to move out their homes after the dusk and the elders offer evening prayers in their respective residences,” locals said.
Lastupdate on : Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- After SSA muddle, RMSA implementation also tardy
- SKIMS faculty seeks enhancement of retirement age by 2 years
- BBA students complain of ‘irresponsible’ marking
- Geelani calls for shutdown on Feb 11
- 4-lanning of Sgr-Jammu highway reviewed
- After Hajeej & Al-Balaagh, Al-Habib deceives people
- High Court reserves judgment
- SASB diktat on supply of tents draws flak
- Doctors assess extent of infection
- Kashmiri documentary selected for International Film Festival
- New Delhi under pressure to resolve K-issue: Shah
- Land slips at Bandi,residents concerned
- Wild animals on prowl in Kreeri
UPGRADED SCHOOLS SUFFER FOR WANT OF STAFF
Srinagar, Feb 7: After failing to effectively implement Government of India’s flagship scheme Sarava Shiksha Abhyan (SSA) at the elementary level, the state’s Education Department is now dallying on implementation More
- Srinagar City
‘It should not be prepared in a hush-hush manner’
MASTER PLAN REVIEW
Srinagar, Feb 7: Nigeen Lake Conservation Organisation (NLCO) has welcomed the mid-term review of the Srinagar Master Plan 2001-2021 undertaken by the Srinagar Development Authority (SDA) and sought participation More
Jammu, Feb 7: Senior Army officers including Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra, GOC-in-C, Western Command; Lt Gen Anil Bhalla, GOC, 9 Corps and Maj Gen Ashwani Kumar, GOC, 26 Infantry Div, called on Governor NN Vohra More
- South Asia
REZAUL H LASKAR\PTI
Islamabad, Feb 7: A group of 50 prominent Pakistani clerics has issued a fatwa (edict) that states the killing of innocent people, targeted killings and suicide bombings are un-Islamic. The Sunni More