Extortion gang busted in Islamabad
Srinagar July 17: Anantnag (Islamabad) police busted an extortionist gang in Dooru area that was planning to orchestrate “subversion on the highway,” police said Wednesday.
According to a police handout, a reported movement of unknown individuals along with AK 47 rifles was noticed in Dooru area.
A manhunt was launched to apprehend such individuals. On a specific information, Anantnag Police assisted by 40 Bn CRPF, 9 RR and officials of Police Station Dooru intercepted a vehicle and nabbed one person Muhammad Hussain Wani son of Muhammad Yousuf Wani of Khushipora Dialgam. “During questioning he admitted of possessing 02 AK 47 rifles along with his associates for the purpose of extortion initially and later also subsequently carried out some militant acts,” police said.
On his disclosures Anantnag police arrested his associates, Muhammad Rafiq Wani of Nathipora Dooru, Imtiyaz Ahmad Banday of Arabal Dooru and Bashir Ahmad Wani of Damhal Khushipora. CNS
Lastupdate on : Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Thu, 18 Jul 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- In JK, NHPC fails to light up catchment areas
- Kashmir Train: Whose baby is passengers’ safety?
- Extortion gang busted in Islamabad
- EMPOWERED, KARGIL HILL COUNCIL BRACES UP FOR CRUCIAL POLLS
- CET mess up: High Court to open BOPEE report today
- Life sentences to Kashmiri youth draw flak
- Lawyers to abstain from work on Friday
- Geelani resents more powers to LHC
- PDP does not believe in emotional slogans: Mehbooba
- BOPEE qualified Patwar trainees seek jobs
- 2 months on, Govt yet to act against ZEO
- 2 die, 4 injured in road accidents
- Never advocated revocation or continuation of AFSPA: Soz
- Kashmiris facing persecution: Mirwaiz
- TELI’S FAMILY REJECTS MUMBAI POLICE VERSION
- Dogs unleash terror in Kupwara
- HC bans constructions within 200 meters of Lidder
Scheme For Free Power From Central Power Stations Yet To Take Off; PDD Completed Formalities In 2011
Srinagar, July 17: A major program to lighten up areas falling in peripheries of power stations owned by the Central Public Selling Utilities (CPSU) is yet to take off in Jammu and Kashmir owing to the More
- Srinagar City
SYED IMRAN ALI HAMDANI
Srinagar, July 17: Forget the government assurance of constructing flyover on this congested road, the Chana Pora-Ram Bagh motorway is getting more of potholes with each passing day as the Roads and Buildings More
Jammu, July 17: Thakur Balbir Singh, General Secretary of PDP, on Wednesday said that veteran leader Hussain Ali Bafa and Jagjit Singh Jagga would continue to function as state secretaries of the People More
- South Asia
PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Dhaka, July 17: A top leader of the Jamaat-e-Islami party was sentenced to death today by a special Bangladeshi tribunal for committing "crimes against humanity" and unleashing ruthless militias on unarmed More
Muzaffarabad, July 17: AJK Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed has asked five members of his cabinet to receive Federal Minister for Kashmir affairs Birjees Tahir at Kohala bridge on his maiden visit More
- Gk Features
A major public health issue!
Heart to Heart
Children with heart disease, is a big burden on the society and their diagnosis and timely management is our responsibility. Most of them if picked early in life can be corrected to a great extent.These More